1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... William Henshaw (c1821-<1870)
+Eunice Palmeater (1825-1916)
5..... Emma Henshaw (c1848-c1877) 1,2,3
5..... Amanda S. Henshaw (1852-?) 2,4,5,6
5..... James William Henshaw (1856-1947) 2,4,7
William Henshaw [ID 05684]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1821, Ohio.1,2
He married Eunice Palmeater8, Aug 15 18468 [Aug 15 18369], Athens County, Ohio8. Eunice was born Jan - 1825, Ohio.1,2,4,5,6,7
William and family were shown in the 1850 census, Rome Township, Athens County, Ohio:1,3
William Henshaw, age 28, born in Ohio; carriage maker; $200 real estate.
Eunice Henshaw, age 25, born in Ohio.
William and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), Oskaloosa Township, Jefferson County, Kansas Territory:2
William Henshaw, age 39, born in Ohio; physician; $700 real estate; $250 personal property.
Eunice Henshaw, age 35, born in Ohio.
William Henshaw died before 1870.4,7
Widow Eunice and children were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 9 1870), Granville Township, Putnam County, Illinois:4
Henshaw, Eunice, age 45, born in Ohio; keeping house; $600 real estate; $175 personal property.
Widow Eunice and son James were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), Granville, Putnam County, Illinois:7
Henshaw, Eunice, mother, age 55, born in Ohio; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Vermont; widow; dress-maker.
Widow Eunice was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 14 1900), living in the household of daughter Amanda in Granville Township, Putnam County, Illinois:5
Henshaw, Eunice P., mother-in-law, age 75 [unclear], born Jan 1825 in Ohio; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Vermont; widow; 3 children, 2 living.
Widow Eunice was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 16 1910), living in the household of daughter Amanda on Main Street, Granville, Putnam County, Illinois:6
Henshaw, Eunice P., mother-in-law, age 85, born in Ohio; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Vermont; widow; 3 children, 2 living.
Eunice died Jul 10 1916, Granville, Putnam County, Illinois.10
- 1850 census, Rome Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 105B, line #40, dwelling #1495, family #1512.
- 1860 census, Oskaloosa P.O., Oskaloosa Township, Jefferson County, Kansas Territory; roll M653-349, page 54, line #22, dwelling #350, family #363.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing: 1850 census.
- 1870 census, Granville Township, Putnam County, Illinois; roll M593-271, page 121, line #31, dwelling #46, family #48.
- 1900 census, Granville Township, Putnam County, Illinois; ED 130, page 7B, line #81, dwelling #130, family #133.
- 1910 census, Granville Village, Granville Township, Putnam County, Illinois; roll T624-318, ED 116, page 38A, line #30, dwelling #40, family #45.
- 1880 census, Granville, Putnam County, Illinois; roll T9-0244, page 253D, line #32, dwelling #65, family #70.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- Marriage Index: Selected Counties of Ohio, 1789-1850; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:54 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]