1. Patterson Hinchey (c1805-1862) m Rebecca Holderway (c1806-1885)
2.. Joseph H. Hinchey (1849-?)
+Sarah Elizabeth Bates (1846-?)
3... Alice W. Hinchey (1869-?) 1
3... Samuel Lee Hinchey (1871-?) 2
3... William P. Hinchey (1873-1910) 2
Joseph H. Hinchey [ID 05783]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Joseph H. Hinchey2,3 [Joseph H. Hinshaw4,5].
Born 1849, Wilkes County, North Carolina.2,3,6
He married Sarah Elizabeth Bates, Jan 1 1869, Knox County, Tennessee.3,7 Sarah was born 1846, Tennessee.2,3
Joseph and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 16 1870), New Market, Jefferson County, Tennessee:1
Hinchey, Joseph H. [or R. - unclear], age 21, born in North Carolina; blacksmith; $150 personal property.
Hinchey, Elizabeth, age 23, born in Tennessee; keeps house; can read, cannot write.
Bates, Dalsena, age 22, born in Tennessee; at home; can read, cannot write.
At Lost Creek MM on 2-25-1871, Sarah Elizabeth Hinshaw was received by request,4 On the same date, Joseph's brother James and his wife Nancy Jane, James' son Larkin, and an unidentified Laura Catherine Hinshaw were all also received by request.4
On 3-25-1871, the Lost Creek MM women's meeting recorded Friends who were forwarded from a Preparative Meeting (probably just then laid down). Included were Joseph Hinshaw and his mother Rebeka M. Hinshaw.5
An undated list of members of Lost Creek MM includes Joseph Hinchey (disowned) and his wife Sarah, sister-in-law Nancy J. Hinchey and her son Larkin Elzin Hinchey, and sister Sarah (Hinchey) Hightower.3
Joseph and family were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), Jefferson County, Tennessee:2
Hinchey, Joseph H., age 31, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; blacksmith.
Hinchey, Sarah E., wife, age 34, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house; can read, cannot write.
Hinchey, Samuel L.
, son, age 8, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Tennessee.
Hinchey, William P.Living next door in 1880 were the families of brothers Albert8 and James.9
, son, age 6, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Tennessee.
- 1870 census, Civil District 8, New Market, Jefferson County, Tennessee; page 422B, line #29, dwelling #40, family #44.
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #4, dwelling #32, family #32.
- Contribution from James Hinchey.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Contribution from James Hinchey citing:
Lost Creek MM women's meeting record.
- 1850 census, Greene County, Tennessee; pg 164B.
- "Knox County, Tennessee, Marriages" (USGenWeb Archives).
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #8, dwelling #33, family #33.
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #14, dwelling #34, family #34.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]