1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. William Henshaw (1767-1822) m Jerusha Brace (?-1822)
3... Horace W. Henshaw (1811-1898) m Martha M. Montgomery (1812-1877)
4.... Charles J. Henshaw (1842-1876)
+Charlotte Gaylord (c1848-?)
5..... Eva L. Henshaw (1870-1871) 1,2
Charles J. Henshaw [ID 05923]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 3 1842, Ohio.1,3,4,5 Baptized in Cascade, Kent County, Michigan3
On Sep 26 1861 at Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan, Charles J. Henshaw, age 20, a resident of Kent County, enlisted as a Private in company C, Second Cavalry, for 3 years.6,7 Mustered Oct 2 1861. Discharged for disability at Detroit, Michigan, Mar 17 1863.6
He married Charlotte Gaylord3,8,9 [Lottie Gaylord3,8, Lotta Gaylord1], May 14 18683,8,9, Summit County, Ohio3,8,9. Charlotte was born about 1848, Ohio.1
Charles was a physician.1
Charles and Lotta and daughter Eva were shown in the 1870 census living in the household of Charles' parents:1
Henshaw, Charles, age 28, born in Ohio; physician.
Henshaw, Lotta, age 22, born in Ohio; keeping house.
Charles J. Henshaw died Dec 5 1876, buried Block 2 Lot 17E, Oakhill Cemetery, 647 Hall Street, S.E., Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan.3,5
Charlotte L. Henshaw applied for a pension as widow of Charles J. Henshaw, veteran of Company C, 2nd Michigan Cavalry.9
- 1870 census, Cascade, Cascade Township, Kent County, Michigan; roll M593-681, page 153A, line #2, dwelling #210, family #213.
- Michigan Department of Communty Health; Genealogical Death Index:
- Contribution from Gaill Snow () citing:
Family bible of Martha M. (Montgomery) Hinshaw.
- 1850 census, Stow Township, Summit County, Ohio; page 466B-467A, line #37, dwelling #1049, family #1068.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
"Michigan Volunteers 1861-1865", Second Cavalry, Page 74.
- "The American Civil War Research Database", Ancestry, Inc.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- National Archives and Records Administration. "General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934":
"Civil War Pension Index". [database] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]