1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... Benjamin Henshaw (1730-1793) m Mrs. Huldah (Stillman) Sumner
8........ Daniel Henshaw (1762-1825) m Sarah Esther Printis (1770-1849)
9......... John Prentiss Kewley Henshaw (1792-1852) m Mary Gorham (1791-1881)
10.......... Charles Henry Henshaw (1830-1910)
+Harriet Adams (1840-1913)
11........... Frances Henshaw (1871-1871) 1,2,3
11........... Harriet Frances Henshaw (c1873-1944) 4,5,6
11........... Stanley Henshaw (1874-1950) 1,4,5,6,7
11........... Anne B. Henshaw (1882-1964) 1,2,4,5,7
Charles Henry Henshaw [ID 06089]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 1830, Maryland.8,9 Christened Apr 5 1830, Saint Peters Protestant Episcopal, Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland.10
In Sep 1846 Charles H. Henshaw, age 16, of Providence County, Rhode Island, applied as a cadet to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Sponsored by Representative Mr. Cranston; recommended by Bishop Henshaw.11 In Mar 1847 Chas Henshaw, age 16-17, again applied as a cadet to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Sponsored by Representative Mr. Cranston; recommended by Bishop Henshaw.11 Charles attended Brown University (class of 1853).12
On Sep 23 1861 Charles Henshaw, age 29, enlisted at Buffalo, New York as a captain in Company K, 100th New York Infantry;13,14 commissioned Dec 16 1861;13,15 discharged Jul 20 1862.13,15
See also: Henry C. Henshaw who also served, with Charles, in Company K, 100th New York Infantry.
Charles was shown in the 1870 census (Jun 10 1870), living in the household of sister Mary in Providence, Rhode Island:16
Henshaw, Charles H., age 34, born in Maryland; clerk; $1,700 real estate.
He married Harriet Adams, Jun 28 1870, Providence, Providence County, Rhode Island.2,17,18 Harriet, daughter of Seth + Sarah B. Adams, was born 1840, Rhode Island.4,6,9
Charles and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 9-10 1880), Providence, Rhode Island:6
Henshaw, Chas H, age 48, born in Maryland; father born in Vermont; mother born in Rhode Island; cotton broker.
Henshaw, Harriet A., wife, age 39, born in Rhode Island; parents born in Massachusetts.
Henshaw, Harriet F.
, daughter, age 7, born in Rhode Island; father born in Maryland; mother born in Rhode Island.
, son, age 6, born in Rhode Island; father born in Maryland; mother born in Rhode Island.
Adams, Sarah B., mother-in-law, age 75, born in Massachusetts; parents born in Massachusetts; widow.
[.. plus three servants ..].
Charles Henry Henshaw died Dec 30 1910, Rhode Island; age 80.3,9
Harriet died Jan 22 1913, Rhode Island; age 72.3,9
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Rhode Island Births, 1636-1930; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Rhode Island Deaths, 1630-1930; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Harriet Frances Henshaw.
- Obituary of Stanley Henshaw.
- 1880 census, Providence, Providence County, Rhode Island; roll T9-1211, ED 11, page 187A, line #15, dwelling #212, family #256.
- Obituary of Anne B. Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Providence County, Rhode Island; roll 845, page 240, dwelling #199.
- "The Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Transcription Project":
- LDS IGI, citing: records of Saint Peters Protestant Episcopal, Baltimore.
- U.S. Military and Naval Academy Registers, 1805-1908; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. School Yearbooks; http://www.ancestry.com.
- American Civil War Soldiers; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Mark Hoy Henshaw citing:
"New York in the War of The Rebellion, 1861 to 1865", by Frederick Phisterer.
- U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, 2nd Ward, Providence, Rhode Island; roll M593-1478, page 247B-248A, line #40, dwelling #155, family #157.
- LDS IGI.
- Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]