1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822)
7....... Jacob Hinshaw (1782-1846) m Marietta Johnson (1794-1863)
8........ Jane G. Hinshaw (1824-1911)
+Amos Mason (1823-1863)
Jane G. Hinshaw [ID 00615]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Jane G. Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Jincy Jane Henshaw5,6].
Born Nov 25 1824, Overton County, Tennessee.1,3,4,7
She married Amos Mason, Oct 16 1851, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,6,8 Amos, son of Solomon Mason & Elizabeth Fryer, was born Mar 25 1823, Ohio.5,9
Harmon G. Mason, born 1852.
Lena J. Mason, born 1853.
Laura E. Mason, born 1855.
Charles E. Mason, born 1856.
Perry Davis Mason, born Dec 7 1859; married Dec 15 1881 Emma Hunardosse.
Mary J. Mason, born 1861.
Also an additional child that died as an infant.
Jincy and Amos moved to Lucas County, Iowa and purchaced land Nov 17 1857.10
Amos Mason was shown in the 1860 census, English Township, Lucas County, Iowa (page 562).11
Amos was a preacher for the United Breathern Church until he enlisted Aug 14 1862, at age 39, as a private in Company E, 34th Iowa Infantry.5,12,13
Amos died Jan 28 1863, National Hospital, St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri; buried Section 50, grave 33, National Cemetery, Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis, Missouri.13,14 Amos died from disease.13
On May 27 1863, Jincy J. Mason applied for a pension as widow of veteran Amos Mason.9,15
Jane later lived in Newbern, Iowa.1,2
Jincy J. Mason was shown in the 1870 census, English Township, Lucas County, Iowa (page 641).16
Jane G. Hinshaw died Nov 6 1911, at her home, Newbern, Marion County, Iowa; buried Newbern Cemetery, Warren County, Iowa.3,17 Jincy died from pneumonia.9
Jincy Jane's obituary mentions: "She was one of the charter members of the United Brethern Church at Newbern ....... She moved to Newbern, November 27, 1888 to live a more retired life ........ During her last illiness that same sweet spirited nature which was the marked virtue of her christian life still prevailed .......... She arranged for her funeral service, chose Rev. M. Hubert, one of her former pastors to preach her funeral sermon...."5
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "The Good Old Times in McLean County, Illinois", subtitled "Old
Settlers of McLean County, Illinois", microfilm #0164002 in the
LDS Family History Library.
- Family Group sheets gathered at the 1992 Hinshaw reunion, submitted
- 1850 census, Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M432-117, page 35, line #21, dwelling #736, family #752.
- Contribution from Shannon Sloan ().
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book C, page 27):
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- Posting Aug 1 2000 to the Mason message board at FamilyHistory.com:
- Contribution from Shannon Sloan () citing:
Lucas County Land records at the Records Office in Chariton, Iowa.
- 1860 census index, Iowa.
- Civil War Compiled Military Service Records; Ancestry.com.
- "The American Civil War Research Database", Ancestry, Inc.
- Contribution from Shannon Sloan () citing: Amos Mason pension file.
- "Civil War Pension Index". [database] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- 1870 census index, Iowa.
- Contribution from Shannon Sloan () citing: gravestone.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]