1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Washington Henshaw (1779-1853) m Charlotte Malick (1778-1822)
4.... Levi Henshaw (1814-1873) m Margaret Kennedy (c1816-?)
5..... William M. Henshaw (1845-1917)
+Susan Virginia Lee (1849-1912)
6...... Emma Mae Henshaw (1870-1938) 1,2,3
6...... Lillie Henshaw (c1876-1945) 1,2,3
William M. Henshaw [ID 06223]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 28 18451,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 [Jan - 184611], Tennessee1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
He married Susan Virginia Lee, Jan 5 1871, Lamar County, Texas.1,4,9,12,13 Susan, daughter of Peter Alexander Lee & Ann Mariah Frashure/Frazier, was born Jan 31 1849, Patrick County, Virginia.3,4,8,9,10,11
William and family were shown in the 1880 census, Lamar County, Texas:2
Henshaw, Wm, age 35, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; farmer.
Henshaw, Susan V., wife, age 25, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; keeping house.
, daughter, age 6, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Virginia.
, daughter, age 4, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Virginia.
Benjamin Lee, brother-in-law, age 22, born in Virginia; both parents born in Virginia.
William and Susan were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), Lamar County, Texas:11
Henshaw, William, head-of-household, age 54, born Jan 1846 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 29 years; occupation: farmer.
Henshaw, Susan V., wife, age 51, born Jan 1849 in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married 29 years; 3 children, 2 living.
William and Susan were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 15 1910), Lamar County, Texas:8
Henshaw, William, head-of-household, age 65, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first marriage, married 39 years; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (free).
Henshaw, Sue V., wife, age 61, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first marriage, married 39 years; 3 children, 2 living.
Susan died Aug 20 1912, Lamar County, Texas; buried Aug 21 1912, Plot 02-30-03, Evergreen Cemetery, South Church Street at Jefferson Road, Paris, Lamar County, Texas.3,4,9,10,14 Death certificate #20246.14
From Rodgers and Wade Furniture Co. Funeral Records, in possession of Fry and Gibbs Funeral Home: Book #8; p.138; Service #262; Mrs. Sue Henshaw; ordered by William Henshaw; secured by cash, Lone Star; date of funeral 21 Aug 1912; place of death, 4 miles N. Boggy Road; Clergyman, Blackburn; Physician, J.F. Clark; cause of death, Dysentery; date of death, 20 Aug 1912; Married, age 63 years, 6 months, 20 days; interment at Evergreen cemetery 02-30; casket #106, size 5/9 $50.00; robe $8.00; 2 carriages $12.00; hearse $10.00; open grave $5.00; Total $85.00.9
William M. Henshaw died Jun 30 1917, Lamar County, Texas; buried Plot 02-30-04, Evergreen Cemetery, South Church Street at Jefferson Road, Paris, Lamar County, Texas.1,3,4,9,10,14 Death certificate #16878.14
From Rodgers & Wade Furniture Co. Funeral Records, in possession of Fry & Gibbs Funeral Home: Book #9; p.394; Service #174; William Henshaw; date of funeral, 30 Jun 1917; place of death, Poor farm; services at Parcham's residence 3 1/2 miles north; Clergyman, Wright; Physician, J.C. White; interment at Evergreen; casket size 5/9 $60.00; robe $13.50; underwear $1.50; hearse $10.00; 1 auto $5.00; transfer $7.00; open grave $5.00; Total $102.00.9
Photo: William M. Henshaw death certificate
Photo: William M. Henshaw & Susan Virginia Lee gravestone Evergreen Cemetery
- Contribution from Linda Eagleberger ().
- 1880 census, Lamar County, Texas; reel T9-1315, E.D. 73, page 25, dwelling #222; USGenWeb Archives:
- Posting Dec 23 2004 by Tom Newman () to HINSHAW-L.
- Posting Dec 29 2004 by Elnora Cook-Wyrick () to TXLAMAR-L.
- 1850 census, Greene County, Tennessee; roll 880, page 218, dwelling #988.
- 1860 census, Horse Creek P.O., Greene County, Tennessee; roll M653-1252, page 206, line #32, dwelling #138, family #133; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1870 census, Paris P.O., Beat 1, Lamar County, Texas; roll M593-1594, page 213, line #12, dwelling #411, family #468.
- 1910 census, Justice Precinct 1, Lamar County, Texas; roll T624-1571, ED 72, page 80A, line #40, dwelling #11, family #11.
- Ron Brothers, "The Death and Cemetery Records of Lamar County, Texas", online edition (Paris, TX: ReBroMa Press, 1999); USGenWeb Archives:
- 1900 census, Justice Precinct 1, Lamar County, Texas; roll T623-1652, ED 61, page 1B, line #75, dwelling #14, family #15.
- Marriage Index: Texas, 1850-1900.
- Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas Death Index, 1903-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:48 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]