1. Andreas Hanshuh
2.. Conrad Hanshew (?-1806) m Eva Elizabeth Seitz (1740-?)
3... Jacob Hanshew (c1795-c1833) m Mary "Mina" Cameron (1797-1873)
4.... Samuel Hanshew (1832-1876)
+Nancy Catherine Wilson (1834-1916)
5..... Matilda Jane Hanshew (1856-1905) 1,2,3,4
5..... William Humphrey Hanshew (1858-1920) 1,2,3,4
5..... Margaret Ann "Maggie" Hanshew (1860-1896) 1,2
5..... Sarah Elizabeth "Betty" Hanshew (1862-1959) 1,2,5
5..... James Adam Hanshew (1864-1933) 1,2,4
5..... Daniel Hanshew (1866-1939) 1,2,4
5..... Laura Lou Hanshew (1871-1949) 1,2,4
Samuel Hanshew [ID 06617]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Feb 14 1832, Rich Valley, Wythe County, Virginia.1,2
He married Nancy Catherine Wilson, Apr 30 1856, Rich Valley, Smyth County, Virginia.1,2 Nancy, daughter of William Anderson + Margaret Wilson, was born Jun 18 1834, Smyth County, Virginia.2,3,4
Samuel and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 4 1860), Wythe County, Virginia:3
Samuel Hanshew, age 28, born in Virginia; farmer; $500 personal property.
James Wilson, age 29, born in Virginia; farmer; $2000 real estate; $200 personal property.
Nancy Hanshew, age 25, born in Virginia.
Living two houses away in 1860 was brother Daniel.6 Also living nearby was brother Andrew.7
Samuel and family were again shown in the 1870 census (Jul 2 1870), Bland County, Virginia:8
Hanshew, Samuel, age 38, born in Virginia; farmer; $1000 real estate; $325 personal property.
Hanshew, Nancy, age 37, born in Virginia; keeping house.
Living two houses away in 1870 was the family of brother Jacob.9
Samuel Hanshew died Mar 18 1876, Bland County, Virginia.1,2,10
Widow Nancy and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 11-12 1880), Sharon District, Bland County, Virginia:4
Hanshew, Nancy C., age 45, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; widow; keeping house.
Hanshew, James A.
, son, age 16, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; laborer; attended school; cannot write.
, son, age 14, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; laborer; attended school; cannot write.
, son-in-law, age 33, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; carpenter.
Dicks, Matilda J.
, wife, age 23, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; keeping house.
Dicks, India N.
, granddaughter, age 1, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Dicks, Ibbie M.
, granddaughter, age 3 months, born March  in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Nancy died Nov 26 1916, Lehigh, Stanton Township, Colfax County, Nebraska.2
- Contribution from Michael Josef von Goebel ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 846, line #2, dwelling #932, family #827.
- 1880 census, Sharon District, Bland County, Virginia; roll T9-1356, ED 7, page 395C, line #33, dwelling #134, family #134.
- Bland County, Virginia Births: 1861-96; Ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 845, line #36, dwelling #930, family #825.
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 846, line #39, dwelling #940, family #833.
- 1870 census, Sharon P.O., Sharon Township , Bland County, Virginia; roll M593-1636, page 422, line #14, dwelling #64, family #64.
- 1870 census, Sharon P.O., Sharon Township , Bland County, Virginia; roll M593-1636, page 422, line #26, dwelling #66, family #66.
- Virginia, Deaths and Burials Index, 1853-1917; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]