1. Andreas Hanshuh
2.. Conrad Hanshew (?-1806) m Eva Elizabeth Seitz (1740-?)
3... Jacob Hanshew (c1795-c1833) m Mary "Mina" Cameron (1797-1873)
4.... Samuel Hanshew (1832-1876) m Nancy Catherine Wilson (1834-1916)
5..... Laura Lou Hanshew (1871-1949)
+Adam Rakes (1864-1952)
Laura Lou Hanshew [ID 06624]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Laura Lou Hanshew1,2,3,4 [Laura Lue Hanshew5].
Born Feb 9 1871, Bland County, Virginia.1,2,4 (Feb 20 1870).5
She married Adam Rakes, about 1886.3,6 Adam, son of Johnston Rakes & Rhoda Hanshew, was born 1864, Tazewell County, Virginia.7 (c1868).6 Loura Lou and Adam were first cousins.
Kent Crockett Rakes, born Mar 2 1887, Virginia; died Nov 1 1957, Santa Cruz County, California.
Charles Samuel Rakes, born Mar 29 1891, Nebraska; died Feb 20 1961, Tehama County, California; married India W. Evans (children: Ruth, Herbert, Josiah, Alfred, Olga and James Ducey Rakes).
Dora Rakes, born c1894, Nebraska; married Eldon R. Brotherton (children: Delbert, Elsie May, Billie and Marjorie Brotherton).
Maude Silvia Rakes, born Feb 20 1896, Nebraska; died Sep 10 1979, Santa Cruz County, California.
Loura Lou and Adam were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 10 1920), living with the family of daughter Dora in Marrs Hill Township, Washington County, Arkansas:11
Brotherton, E.R., head-of-household, age 29, born in Nebraska; father born in New York; mother born in Michigan; rented home; occupation: farmer, grain farm.
Brotherton, Dora, wife, age 26, born in Nebraska; parents born in Virginia.
Brotherton, Delbert, son, age 1 year ? months, born in Nebraska; parents born in Nebraska.
Brotherton, Elsie May, daughter, age 4 months, born in Nebraska; parents born in Nebraska.
Rakes, Adam, father-in-law, age 55 [unclear], born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Rakes, Laura, mother-in-law, age 50, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Loura Lou and Adam were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), Cedar [street], East Monterey, Monterey County, California:6
Rakes, Adam, head-of-household, age 62, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 21; owned home ($1000 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, wood cutter; not a veteran.
Rakes, Laura, wife, age 59, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 15.
Living next door in 1930 were the families of son Charles Rakes;13 also nearby was the family of son Kent Rakes.14
Laura Lou Hanshew died Jun 6 1949, Tehama County, California; age 79.5,7,8
Adam died Aug 19 1952, Santa Cruz County, California.5,7,8
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Bland County, Virginia Births: 1861-96; Ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Michael Josef von Goebel ().
- 1880 census, Sharon District, Bland County, Virginia; roll T9-1356, ED 7, page 395C, line #33, dwelling #134, family #134.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1930 census, East Monterey, Monterey County, California; roll T626-179, ED 28, page 17A, line #20, dwelling #452, family #452.
- Contribution from Sue Rakes () citing:
information from Barbara Hanshew and Michael Josef von Goebel.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Oct 24 2005 by Denise Karr () to the Rakes message board:
- 1920 census, Marrs Hill Township, Washington County, Arkansas; roll T625-84, ED 144, page 3B, line #68, dwelling #48, family #50.
- 1930 census, Neola Township, Pottawottamie County, Iowa.
- 1930 census, East Monterey, Monterey County, California; roll T626-179, ED 28, page 17A, line #23, dwelling #453, family #453.
- 1930 census, Monterey, Monterey County, California; roll T626-179, ED 28, page 20A, line #5, dwelling #482, family #629.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]