1. William Hinshaw (1808-1885) m Roda Parson (c1806-?)
2.. Jacob Madison Hinshaw (1840-1861) m Almarinda Walker (1843-1913)
3... Jacob Madison Hinshaw, Jr. (1862-1941) m Harriet Azalee Gulley (1862-1944)
4.... Horace Edgar Hinshaw (1895-1980)
+Flora Cochreham (c1898-)
5..... Eunice Hinshaw (c1915-) 1,2,3,4
5..... Charlsie Nell Hinshaw (1918-2004) 1,2,3,4
5..... Horace Hinshaw, Jr. (>1920-) 1
+Ida E. - (c1897-)
+Frances May Demaray (1902-1944)
5..... Jerry Hinshaw (1935-) 5
Horace Edgar Hinshaw [ID 06659]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Horace Edgar Hinshaw6,7,8 [Horace C. Henshaw1,9].
Born Sep 30 1895, Bulls Gap, Hawkins County, Tennessee.1,2,6,7,8,10,11
He married Flora Cochreham, about 1915.2,3,4 Flora was born about 1898, Tennessee.2,3
On Jun 5 1917 Horace Edgar Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Hawkins County, Tennessee. He declared he was born September 30 1895 in Bulls Gap, Tennessee, and was then residing at "Rout 2", Bulls Gap where he was a self-employed farmer with a wife and one child. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, dark hair.8
Horace and family were shown in the 1920 census (Feb 28 1920), Hawkins County, Tennessee:2
Hinshaw, Horace E., head-of-household, age 24, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; owned home; farmer.
Hinshaw, Flora, wife, age 22, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
, daughter, age 4 years 3 months, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
, daughter, age 1 year 4 months, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Horace and Flora were apparently divorced, as Flora remarried c1929 to a Glenn Lathim3 / Glen Latham.4 Flora and daughters were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), Hamblen County, Tennessee:3
Lathim, Glenn, head-of-household, age 29, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 28; owned home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a veteran.
Lathim, Flora, wife, age 32, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 17.
, step-daughter, age 15, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school.
, step-daughter, age 12, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school.
He then married Ida E. -, about 1927.12 Ida was born about 1897, Arkansas.12
Horace apparently moved to Arizona. Horace and Ida were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12-15 1930), 218 East Goodwin Street, Prescott, Arizona:12
Hinshaw, Horace E., head-of-household, age 34, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 31; owned home ($3500 value); no radio in home; occupation: salesman, sewing machines; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Ida E., wife, age 33, born in Arkansas; parents born in Arkansas; first married at age 30.
Evans, Edward C., lodger, age 29, born in Missouri; parents born in United States; widower; occupation: salesman, sewing machines; not a veteran.
He then married Frances May Demaray5 [Frances May Demary13], Feb 23 19355. Frances, daughter of Lyman Mathew Demaray & Sedate Hoban, was born Jan 6 1902.5,13
The following article was published in the "Mason City Globe-Gazette" (Mason City, Iowa) on February 25, 1935:13
ISSUED AT ALLISON
ALLISON, Feb. 25. -- Marriage licenses were issued here to: Christoff Brunken Schnell, 24, and Teatta Trena Rewerts, 24, both of Dumont; and to Horace Edgar Hinshaw, 36, Waterloo, and Frances May Demary, 33, Mankato, Minn.
Frances died Jan 22 1944, Blue Earth County, Minnesota.5,14
In 1980 Horace was living in Pacifica, San Mateo County, California.10
Horace Edgar Hinshaw died Sep 15 1980, San Mateo County, California.1,7,10
Social Security information for Horace Edgar Hinshaw: 471-01-7834
- Family history information contributed by James C. Henshaw.
- 1920 census, 1st Civil District, Hawkins County, Tennessee; roll T625-1745, ED 109, page 12A, line #8, dwelling #215, family #215.
- 1930 census, District 7, Hamblen County, Tennessee; roll T626-2249, ED 11, page 1B, line #94, dwelling #21, family #22.
- Obituary of Charlsie Nell (Hinshaw) McBride.
- "The Demarest family", by Voorhis David Demarest, 1985; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census index, Hawkins County, Tennessee; USGenWeb Archives:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, 14th Civil District, Hawkins County, Tennessee; ED 90, page 207B, line #80, dwelling #58, family #59.
- 1930 census, Prescott, Yavapai County, Arizona; roll T626-63, ED 24, page 9A, line #20, dwelling #222, family #228.
- "Mason City Globe-Gazette", Feb 25 1935; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]