1. Benjamin Hinshaw (1795-1849) m Sarah A. Vestal (c1792-?)
2.. Nathan Hinshaw (1827-1876) m Mary Green Sloan (1832-1907)
3... William Henry Hinshaw (1853-1924) m Elizabeth Hood (1855-1930)
4.... Ordona Guldenloo Hinshaw (1875-1945)
+Lorena Lynn Ritter (1880-1945)
5..... Maurine Hinshaw (1902-2000) 1,2,3,4
5..... Ordona G. Hinshaw (1904-) 1,2,3,4,5
Ordona Guldenloo Hinshaw [ID 00670]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ordona Guldenloo Hinshaw1,6,7 [Goldenloo Hinshaw8].
Born Dec 25 18751,3,6,8 [Dec 24 18757, Dec - 18774,9], Pleasant Hill, Cass County, Missouri1,3,6,8.
Ordona and sister Fairy were shown in the 1895 Kansas state census (Mar 1 1895), living/staying in what appears to have been a boarding house in Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas:10
Ordona G. Hinshaw, age 19, born in Missouri; occupation: teacher.
Ordona was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 18 1900), living or staying in a boarding house in Sylvia, Reno County, Kansas:9
Hinshaw, Ordona G., boarder, age 22, born Dec 1877 in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Illinois; single; occupation: bank cashier.
He married Lorena Lynn Ritter, 1901.1,4 Lorena, daughter of - Ritter & - Young, was born Sep 27 1880, Kansas.2,4,11,12
Ordona and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 11 1910), Sylvia, Reno County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, Ordonna G., head-of-household, age 33, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first marriage, married 8 years; occupation: cashier, bank; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Lorena L., wife, age 29, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first marriage, married 8 years; 2 children, 2 living.
, daughter, age 7, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Illinois; attended school.
, daughter, age 4, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Illinois.
On Sep 12 1918 Ordona Guldenloo Hinshaw, age 42, registered for the World War I draft in Hutchinson, Reno County, Kansas. He declared he was born Dec 24 1875, and was then residing in Sylvia, Reno County, Kansas, occupied as a farmer and banker. He declared his nearest relative was W.H. Hinshaw of Sylvia. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.7
Ordona and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), 626 Linden Ave., Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California:3
Hinshaw, O.G., head-of-household, age 44, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kentucky; occupation: banker.
Hinshaw, Lorena, wife, age 38, born Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois.
, daughter, age 17, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kansas.
, daughter, age 14, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kansas.
Ordona and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10 1930), 2816 Vista St., Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California:5
Hinshaw, Ordona, head-of-household, age 53, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 25; owned home ($14,000 value); radio in home; occupation: builder, homes; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Lorena, wife, age 47, born Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 21.
, daughter, age 23, born in Kansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kansas; occupation: secretary, builder.
Ordona Guldenloo Hinshaw died 1945, buried Long Beach, California.13
Lorena died Mar 9 1945, Los Angeles County, California; buried Long Beach, California.11,12,13
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- 1910 census, Sylvia, Reno County, Kansas; roll T624-453, ED 154, page 3A, line #27, dwelling #54, family #55.
- 1920 census, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-104, ED 91, page 14B, line #74, dwelling #15, family #24.
- Contribution from Billie & Tom McDavitt ().
- 1930 census, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-129, ED 1074, page 10A, line #9, dwelling #263, family #288.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Missouri.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Hayes Township, Reno County, Kansas; roll T9-394, ED 288, page 491B, line #5, dwelling #151, family #151.
- 1900 census, Sylvia, Reno County, Kansas; roll T623-496, ED 216, page 5A, line #42, dwelling #85, family #85.
- 1895 Kansas state census, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas; roll v115-31, page 20, line #29, dwelling #135, family #140.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]