1. Benjamin Hinshaw (1795-1849) m Sarah A. Vestal (c1792-?)
2.. Jesse M. Hinshaw (1834-1873) m Sallie E. Roup (1837-1919)
3... Martha Ann Hinshaw (1858-1929)
+Henry Caldwell (1849-<1920)
Martha Ann Hinshaw [ID 00686]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Martha Ann Hinshaw [Martha Hinshaw1,2, Martha A. Henshaw3,4, Anna Henshaw5].
Born Feb 10 18585,6,7 [Mar - 18574,8,9], Cass County, Missouri5,6,7.
She married Henry Caldwell, Sep 27 1883, Bates County, Missouri.1,2,3,10 Henry was born Mar - 1849, Illinois.6,8
Lettie Letisha Caldwell, born Mar 21 1894, Grafton, Illinois; died Nov 15 1918, Elsah, Jersey County, Illinois, age 24; buried Nov 16 1918; married -- Sherman.
Martha and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 27 1900), Quarry Township, Jersey County, Illinois:8
Caldwell, Henry, head-of-household, age 51, born Mch 1849 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; married 16 years; occupation: farm laborer; owned home (free).
Caldwell, Martha, wife, age 43, born Mch 1857 in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; married 16 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Caldwell, Lettie, daughter, age 6, born Mch 1894 in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri.
Martha and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 28 1910), Mississippi Township, Jersey County, Illinois:6
Caldwell, Henry, head-of-household, age 60, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first marriage, married 26 years; occupation: laborer, farm; rented home.
Caldwell, Anna, wife, age 52, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Tennessee; first marriage, married 26 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Caldwell, Letta, daughter, age 16, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
Henry died before Jan 15 1920.7
About 1917 Martha moved to Godfrey, Illinois.5
Martha was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 15 1920), "Beverly Farm" (a medical institution),11 Godfrey Township, Madison County, Illinois:7
Caldwell, Annie M., boarder, age 61, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in New York; widow; occupation: servant, Beverly Farm.
Martha Ann Hinshaw died Dec 29 1929, Godfrey, Madison County, Illinois; age 71.5
Photo: Martha Ann Hinshaw & Henry Caldwell marriage record Bates County, Missouri
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Missouri, 1851-1900 Marriage Index".
- 1870 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Polk Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 681A, line #25, dwelling #51, family #48.
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Mississippi Township, Jersey County, Illinois; roll T624-295, ED 53, page 9B, line #80, dwelling #147, family #148.
- 1920 census, Godfrey Township, Madison County, Illinois; roll T625-389, ED 57, page 12A, line #11, dwelling #202, family #205.
- 1900 census, Quarry Township, Jersey County, Illinois; roll T623-309, ED 42, page 13A, line #40, dwelling #264, family #271.
- 1860 census, Pleasant Hill P.O., Big Creek Township, Cass County, Missouri; page 883, line #30, dwelling #1297, family #1297.
- Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]