1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Adam Stephen Henshaw (1772-?) m Margaret McKenny
4.... James D. Henshaw (1813-<1880) m Martha Delaney (c1827-1857)
5..... John Thomas Henshaw (1855-1900) m Alodia Bell Dodge (1859-1913)
6...... Thomas Anderson Henshaw (1892-1980)
+Madleen McKinley (1896-1969)
7....... Patricia H. Henshaw (1924-) 1,2
Thomas Anderson Henshaw [ID 07092]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Thomas Anderson Henshaw3,4 [Tomas Henshaw5, Tom Henshaw6, Tommie A. Henshaw7,8].
Born Jul 13 1892, Dekoven, Union County, Kentucky.2,3,9,10,11 (Jul - 1891).7,8
On Jun 5 1917 Thomas Anderson Henshaw, age 24, registered for the World War I draft at Dekoven, Union County, Kentucky. He declared he was born July 13 1892 in Dekoven, Kentucky, and was then still residing in Dekoven where he was single and a farmer employed by J.P. Henshaw of Delaware, [Daviess County,] Kentucky. He was recorded as short, medium build, light blue eyes, dark brown hair.3
He married Madleen McKinley1 [Madline McKinley12,13, Madleen Beson9]. Madleen, daughter of Benjamin F. + Annie McKinley, was born Jul 12 1896, Dekoven, Union County, Kentucky.9,10,11,12,13
Thomas and Madleen were shown in the 1920 census (Mar 30-31 1920), De Koven, Union County, Kentucky:10
Henshaw, Thomas, head-of-household, age 28, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; rented home; occupation: miner.
Henshaw, Madelen, wife, age 23, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky.
Thomas and Madleen were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), 1359 Reading Ave., Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:2
Henshaw, Thomas, head-of-household, age 37, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 29; rented home ($35 rent); radio in home; occupation: carpenter, furniture factory; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Madalene, wife, age 33, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 21.
, daughter, age 6, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school.
McKinley, Roberta, sister-in-law, age 35, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; single; occupation: none.
In 1969 Madleen was living in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana11 (and also presumably so was Thomas).
Madleen died Nov - 1969.11
In 1980 Thomas was living in/near Newton, Jasper County, Illinois.11
Thomas Anderson Henshaw died Mar - 1980.11
Social Security information for Thomas Anderson Henshaw: 304-10-9317
Social Security information for Madleen McKinley: 308-26-2195
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Ward 1, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-607, ED 307, page 3A, line #49, dwelling #36, family #36.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Jane Markham citing:
family bibles, and information from Alodia Henshaw.
- Contribution from John Thomas Henshaw.
- Contribution from Richard Young ().
- 1900 census, 4th District, Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky; roll T623-553, ED 82, page 5A, line #7, dwelling #81, family #88.
- 1910 census, 3rd District, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky; roll T624-504, ED 119, page 116B, line #97, dwelling #230, family #233.
- Posting Mar 18 2001 by Thomas Zerrusen () to Union County, Kentucky Queries:
- 1920 census, De Koven, Union County, Kentucky; roll T625-600, ED 129, page 5A, line #14, dwelling #90, family #94.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky; roll T623-553, ED 82, page 2B, line #97, dwelling #39, family #43.
- 1910 census, Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky; roll T624-504, ED 121, page 129A, line #3, dwelling #21, family #22.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]