1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ William Hinshaw (c1772-?) m Jane Hamm
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1797-1869) m Elizabeth - (1809-1849)
10.......... George Washington Hinshaw (1822-1907) m Elizabeth Jane Robertson (1824-1893)
11........... Joseph Anderson Henshaw (1869-1935) m Nancy E. Miller (1872-1896)
12............ George Harvey Hinshaw (1891-1959)
+Amma Collins (1894-1960)
13............. Jewell Amma Henshaw (1922-1986) 1,2,3
13............. George Harvey Hinshaw, Jr. (1922-c1922) 1,4
13............. George Bryan Henshaw (1927-2000) 1,2,3,5
George Harvey Hinshaw [ID 07177]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
George Harvey Hinshaw6,7,8,9,10 [Harvey Henshaw1,2,5].
Born Nov 19 1891, Estillfork, Jackson County, Alabama.1,2,6,7,8,9,11
Harvey was a World War I veteran.2 On Jun 6 1917 George H. Hinshaw, age 25, registered for the World War I draft in Jackson County, Alabama. He declared he was born Nov 19th 1891 in Grays Chapel, Alabama, and he was then residing in Estill Fork, Alabama where he was single and farming. He was recorded as medium height, slender, gray eyes, dark hair.9
He married Amma Collins, about 1918.1,2,10 Amma, daughter of Anthony Beauregard Collins & Mary/Martha Jane Bean, was born Feb - 1894, Jackson County, Alabama.2,6,10,11,12
Harvey and Amma were shonw in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), Jackson County, Alabama:11
Hinshaw, Harvy, head-of-household, age 28, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; occupation: teacher.
Hinshaw, Amma, wife, age 25, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama.
Harvey and family were shonw in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Willow Street, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama:2
Henshaw, Harvey, head-of-household, age 38, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 26; rented home ($15 rent); no radio in home; occupation: salesman, wholesales; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Amma, wife, age 36, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 23.
, daughter, age 8, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama.
Reid, John G., [relationship unclear], age 17, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; single; occupation: salesman, drug store.
Harvey and family were shonw in the 1940 census (Apr 11 1940), Broad [Street], Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama:3
Henshaw, Harry, head-of-household, age 48, born in Alabama; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; rented home ($25/month rent); occupation: employee, retail gro[cery]; worked 52 weeks in 1939.
Henshaw, Amma, wife, age 46, born in Alabama; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
, daughter, age 18, born in Alabama; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
, son, age 13, born in Alabama; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
George Harvey Hinshaw died Dec 30 1959, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama; age 68.1,6,10
Amma died Jan 11 1960, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama; age 64.1,6,10
Photo: George Harvey Hinshaw gravestone Cedar Hill Cemetery
Photo: Amma Collins gravestone Cedar Hill Cemetery
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- 1930 census, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 25, page 11A, line #11, dwelling #248, family #268.
- 1940 census, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T627-41, ED 36-25B, page 5B, line #43, household #105.
- Bostick Hill Cemetery burials, Jackson Co., Alabama; USGenWeb Archives:
- Contribution from George Bryan Henshaw, Jr..
- "Cedar Hill Cemetery", Jackson County, Alabama; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1900 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 36, page 208A, line #16, dwelling #57, family #57.
- 1910 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 52B, line #97, dwelling #51, family #51.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Scottsboro Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T625-19, ED 42, page 3B, line #69, dwelling #50, family #50.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Collins Family Tree" posted by "bcpres".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]