1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Samuel Henshaw (1780-1818) m Abigail Taylor (1782-?)
3... Samuel Henshaw (1809-?) m Sarah Gregg (c1813-?)
4.... George Harvey Henshaw (c1845-?) m Margaret June Dickason (1847-1874)
5..... Charles M. Henshaw (1867-1920) m Sarah Jane McIntyre (1880-1957)
6...... Charles William Hanshaw (1900-1988)
+Thelma Vandetta McIntyre (1904-1942)
7....... Charles William Hanshaw, Jr. (1926-1979) 1,2
7....... Allen Eugene Hanshaw (1927-1969) 1,2
7....... Wanda Loraine Hanshaw (1929-1988) 1,2
7....... Gladys DeLaine Hanshaw (1931-1996) 1
7....... Marvin Franklyn Hanshaw (1933-1998) 1
7....... Kenneth Harvey Hanshaw (1937-) 1
Charles William Hanshaw [ID 07243]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Charles William Hanshaw1,3,4,5 [Charles William Henshaw6].
Born May 4 1900, Chokio, Stevens County, Minnesota.1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9
On Sep 12 1918 Charles William Hanshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Spokane, Washington. He declared he was born May 4 1900, and was then residing in Spokane, Washington where he was a farmer employed by C.M. Hanshaw of Spokane. He declared his nearest relative was Charles M. Hanshaw of Spokane. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, gray eyes, light hair.9
He married Thelma Vandetta McIntyre, Jun 13 1925, Rossland, B.C.1,6 Thelma was born 1904, Idaho.2,5,10
Charles and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), Division Street, Millwood, Spokane County, Washington:2
Hanshaw, Charles W., head-of-household, age 29, born in Minnesota; father born in U.S.; mother born in Minnesota; first married at age 25; owned home ($800 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, Boughtons [unclear] Sand & Gravel; not a war veteran.
Hanshaw, Thelma V., wife, age 26, born in Idaho; father born in Minnesota; mother born in Oregon; first married at age 21.
Hanshaw, Charles W.
, son, age 4 years 1 month, born in Washington; father born in Minnesota; mother born in Idaho.
Hanshaw, Allen E.
, son, age 2 years 4 months, born in Washington; father born in Minnesota; mother born in Idaho.
Hanshaw, Wanda L.
, daughter, age 11 months, born in Washington; father born in Minnesota; mother born in Idaho.
Thelma died Nov 30 1942, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington; age 38.5,10
In 1988 Charles was living in Spokane, Washington.3,10
Charles William Hanshaw died May 12 1988, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington; age 88.1,3,5,10
Social Security information for Charles William Hanshaw: 533-05-0328
- Contribution from Cindi Grant ().
- 1930 census, Millwood, Spokane County, Washington; roll T626-2514, ED 174, page 2B, line #94, dwelling #44, family #44.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Opportunity Township, Spokane County, Washington; roll T624-1669, ED 135, page 33A, line #29, dwelling #52, family #53.
- Burials in Pines Cemetery, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington:
- British Columbia Archives, vital statistics:
- 1900 census, Baker Township, Stevens County, Minnesota; roll T623-793, ED 258, page 5A, line #13, dwelling #70, family #71.
- 1920 census, Opportunity Township, Spokane County, Washington; roll T625-1940, ED 142, page 16A, line #32, dwelling #349, family #362.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington Death Index, 1940-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]