1. Joseph Henshaw (c1830-?) m Jane - (c1832-?)
2.. Dennis Hinshaw (c1858-1932)
+Iona Naoma Breedlove (1868-1951)
3... Elizabeth J. Hinshaw (1890-1962) 1,2,3
3... Myrtle Henshaw 2
3... Dennis Clifford Henshaw (1908-1985) 2,4,5,6
Dennis Hinshaw [ID 07279]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Dennis Hinshaw1 [Dennis Henshaw4, Denneson Henshaw6].
Born about 18586,7 [Jul - 18601, about 18468, about 18725], Pennsylvania6,7 [Arkansas5].
He married Iona Naoma Breedlove4,9 [Ina Breedlove10,11, Naomi Breedlove12], 18894,9 [about 18861, about 18945]. Iona, daughter of Joshua Benton Breedlove & Elizabeth Griffin1,6,8,10,12,13,14, was born Apr - 18681,6,8,10,12,13,14 [Apr 8 18699, about 18785], Trenton, Grundy County, Missouri1,6,8,10,12,13,14.
Dennis and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 9 1900), Tarkio, Atchison County, Missouri:1
Hinshaw, Dennis, head-of-household, age 39, born July 1860 in Pennsylvania; father born in Ireland; mother born in Scotland; married 14 years; occupation: mail carrier; rented home.
Hinshaw, Iona, wife, age 32, born Apr 1868 in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; married 14 years; 2 children, 1 living.
, daughter, age 9, born Oct 1890 in Missouri; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Missouri; attended school 4 1/2 months.
Dennis and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 2 1910), Walnut [street], Tarkio, Atchison County, Missouri:5
Henshaw, Dennis, head-of-household, age 38, born in Arkansas; father born in Ireland; mother born in Scotland; first marriage. married 16 years; occupation: laborer, odd jobs; owned home (mortgaged).
Henshaw, Iona V., wife, age 32, born in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; first marriage. married 16 years; 4 children, 2 living.
Henshaw, Dennis C.
[middle initial unclear], son, age 1 year 9 months, born in Missouri; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Missouri.
Dennis and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), Watson, Nishnabotna Township, Atchison County, Missouri:6
Henshaw, Denneson, head-of-household, age 62, born in Pennsylvania; father born in Ireland; mother born in Scotland; owned home; occupation: farmer.
Henshaw, Iona, wife, age 51, born in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky.
Henshaw, Deneson, Jr.
, son, age 10, born in Missouri; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
In 1926 Iona (and presumably also Dennis and family) were living in Hamburg, St. Charles County, Missouri.10
Dennis and Iona were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), 202 Park Street, Hamburg, Fremont County, Iowa:8
Henshaw, Dennis, head-of-household, age 84, born in Pennsylvania; father born in Ireland Free State; mother born in Scotland; first married at age 29; owned home ($1000 value); no radio in home; occupation: none.
Henshaw, Iona, wife, age 61, born in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 16.
Dennis Hinshaw died Mar 21 1932.9
Iona died Dec 28 1951, Sidney, Fremont County, Iowa; age 82y 8m 20d.9
The following article was published in "The Hamburg Reporter" (Hamburg, Iowa) on Thursday, January 3, 1952:9
Mrs. Dennis Henshaw, Sr., a resident of this community for many years, passed away at a rest home in Sidney Friday, following a brief illness.
Mrs. Henshaw was a lady of kindly ways and loved by all who knew her. She was a good wife and mother and was always willing to aid anyone in need.
Iona Naoma Breedlove was born in Trenton, Mo., April 8, 1896 [sic], and passed away Dec. 28, 1951, at the age of 82 years, 8 months and 20 days.
She was married to Dennis Henshaw in 1889. To this union three children were born: Myrtle, who died at the age of seven months; Mrs. F. M. Nuchols and Dennis Henshaw, Jr. Mrs. Henshaw made her home with her daughter, following the death of her husband March 21, 1932.
She is survived by her two children; eight grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; 6 great great grandchildren and one brother, Alfred Breedlove, of Tacoma, Wash. Funeral services were held at the Rash Funeral Chapel Tuesday, Jan. 1, at 1:30 p.m., conducted by Dale Knowles, minister of the Church of Christ. Burial was made in the Tarkio cemetery.
- 1900 census, Tarkio, Tarkio Township, Atchison County, Missouri; roll T623-837, ED 27, page 9A, line #10, dwelling #169, family #170.
- Obituary of Iona (Breedlove) Henshaw.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Collene Miller.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Tarkio, Tarkio Township, Atchison County, Missouri; roll T624-766, ED 29, page 16A, line #11, dwelling #252, family #262.
- 1920 census, Watson, Nishnabotna Township, Atchison County, Missouri; roll T625-903, ED 26, page 1B, line #78, dwelling #21, family #21.
- 1860 census, Port Kennedy P.O., Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania; roll M653-1143, page 353, line #28, dwelling #538, family #546.
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Hamburg, Fremont County, Iowa; roll T626-655, ED 4, page 21A, line #13, dwelling #88, family #90.
- Obituary of Iona Henshaw; "The Hamburg Reporter" (Hamburg, Iowa), Jan 3 1952; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Jul 5 2003 by () to the Fremont County, Iowa message board:
- Obituary of Mrs. J.B. Breedlove; "Iowa Old Press", USGenWeb: http://www.iowaoldpress.com
- 1870 census, Farmersville P.O., Cream Ridge Township, Livingston County, Missouri; roll M593-789, page 515, line #25, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1880 census, Sidney Township, Fremont County, Iowa; roll T9-341, ED 69, page 158C, line #30, dwelling #144, family #146.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Vernon Buck ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]