1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ John Hinshaw (1777-1836) m Lydia Macy (1776-1858)
9......... Trustrem Hinshaw (1801-1869) m Martha Hinshaw (1799-1870)
10.......... John Hinshaw (1824-1911) m Sarah Commons (1822-1910)
11........... Dr. Dougan Clark Hinshaw (1858-1931)
+Effie Roy Dicken (1861-1901)
12............ Glen Hinshaw (1885-1885) 1
12............ Elizabeth Hazel Hinshaw (1886-1976) 1,2,3
+Lois Ida Robinson (1868-1947)
Dr. Dougan Clark Hinshaw [ID 00748]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Dr. Dougan Clark Hinshaw2,4,5,6,7 [Dugan Clark Hinshaw1,8,9,10,11, Douglass C. Hinshaw4].
Born Apr 22 1858, Hortonville, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,5,6,7,9,10,11
Dougan was named after his aunt Mary Dougan,1 who had married Dougan's uncle Thomas Hinshaw.
At Greenwood MM on 8-29-1888, Douglass C. Hinshaw was granted a certificate to Vermilion Grove MM [sic], Illinois.4
At Vermilion MM on 10-6-1888, Dougan C. Hinshaw was received on a certificate from Greenwood MM, Indiana.4,12
He married Effie Roy Dicken, Sep 6 1883, Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois.1,13 Effie, daughter of David S. Dicken & Ann Maria Crawford1, was born Mar 22 18611 [Mar - 18623], Illinois1.
Dougan was shown in the 1889 city directory of Danville, Illinois:14
D.C. Henshaw, physician, Ridge Farm, Illinois.
Dougan and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois:3
Henshaw, Dugan C, head-of-household, age 42, born Apr 1858 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 16 years; occupation: physician; owned home (free).
Henshaw, Ella R, wife, age 38, born Mar 1862 in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Ohio; married 16 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Henshaw, Hazel E.
, daughter, age 12, born Oct 1887 in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; attended school 9 months.
Effie died Feb 19 1901, Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois; buried Danville, Illinois.1
He then married Lois Ida Robinson, 1905, Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois.1,5,7,15,16,17 Lois, daughter of Thomas Hanley Robinson & Frances M. Roxwell1,7,17, was born Sep 4 18681,7,17 [about 186915,16,18], Indiana1,7,17.
Dougan and Lois were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 7 1920), Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois:15
Hinshaw, Dougan C., head-of-household, age 60, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; owned home; occupation: doctor, office.
Hinshaw, Lois, wife, age 50, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Dougan and Lois were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), E. North St., Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois:16
Hinshaw, Dugan C., head-of-household, age 71, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 35; owned home ($6000 value); radio in home; occupation: doctor, medicine; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Lois R., wife, age 61, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 35; occupation: doctor, osteopathic.
Dr. Dougan Clark Hinshaw died Dec 11 1931, Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois; age 73.5,7,8,9,19,20
Dougan's obituary was published in "The American Friend" on January 28, 1932 (page 72).20
Widow Lois was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), North St., Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois:18
Hinshaw, Lois, head-of-household, age 72, born in Indiana; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/town; widow; owned home ($4000 value).
Overton, Sylvia, sister, age 61, born in Indiana; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Champaign, Champaign County, Illinois; widow.
Lois died Mar 24 1947, Montana; buried Crown Hill Cemetery, Ridge Farm, Vermilion County, Illinois.1,7,21
Photo: Dougan Clark Hinshaw's house Ridge Farm, Illinois; 1912
Photo: Dougan Clark Hinshaw's office Ridge Farm, Illinois
Photo: Dougan Clark Hinshaw & Lois Ida Robinson on a fishing trip, with grandson Tommy
Photo: Dougan Clark Hinshaw & Lois Ida Robinson gravestone Crown Hill Cemetery
- Ancstry Family Tree data "Luebben Family Tree" posted by "eluebben51".
- "Ancestry Service", Volume 6; Connecticut Society of Genealogists; 1985.
- 1900 census, Ridge Farm, Elwood Township, Vermilion County, Illinois; roll T623-348, ED 77, page 1B, line #85, dwelling #20, family #20.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Contribution from Candace McDaniel ().
- 1870 census, Westfield P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 211, line #39, dwelling #516, family #505.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Westfield P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; page 337, line #4, dwelling #848, family #848.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T9-0281, ED 38, page 401A, line #36, dwelling #329, family #349.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to Quaker Meeting Records" (Swathmore
College Index Card Collection), in the LDS Family History Library,
microfilm numbers 0002152 & 0002153.
- Illinois, Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1889 city directory of Danville, Illinois; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Ridge Farm, Elwood Township, Vermilion County, Illinois; roll T625-411, ED 178, page 4B, line #100, dwelling #112, family #105.
- 1930 census, Ridge Farm, Elwood Township, Vermilion County, Illinois; roll T626-563, ED 40, page 4A, line #24, dwelling #97, family #97.
- Obituary of Mrs. Jesse (Effie Gertrude Robinson) Francis; "Chatsworth Plaindealer" (Chatsworth, Livingston County, Illinois), Aug 6 1943;
posted Apr 9 2013 by "lilmar1942" to the ROBINSON message board:
- 1940 census, Ridge Farm, Elwood Township, Vermilion County, Illinois; roll T627-899, ED 92-55, page 10B, line #53, household #241.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Earlham College Library; "American Friend Obituary Index":
- Montana Death Index, 1907-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Picture postcard from Childs of Chicago, postmarked 1912; the card shows
the "Residence of Dr. Hinshaw, Ridge Farm, Ill.";
sold on eBay April 2000: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=ps&item=310607955.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]