1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ John Hinshaw (1777-1836) m Lydia Macy (1776-1858)
9......... Benjamin Hinshaw (1809-1891) m Nancy Ellen Carter (1811-1891)
10.......... Joshua C. Hinshaw (1841-1900)
+Elmina F. Morgan (1845-1906)
11........... Almeda Jane Hinshaw (1869-1953) 1,2
11........... Vivian N. Hinshaw (c1874-?) 2
Joshua C. Hinshaw [ID 00753]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Feb 26 1841, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
He married Elmina F. Morgan.4 Elmina was born Sep 25 1845, Tennessee.1,2,8
Joshua and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 14 1870), Warren County, Iowa:1
Hinshaw, Joshua, age 29, born in Indiana; farmer; $4000 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Hinshaw, Elmina, age 25, born in "Ten" [unclear]; keeping house.
Living next door in 1870 were Joshua's parents.9
Joshua and family were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 1880), Warren County, Iowa:2
Hinshaw, Joshua, age 39, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; farmer.
Hinshaw, Elmina F., wife, age 34, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Almeda J.
, daughter, age 10, born in Iowa; father born in Indiana; mother born in Tennessee.
Hinshaw, Vivian N.
, daughter, age 6, born in Iowa; father born in Indiana; mother born in Tennessee.
Dawson, William, age 65, born in Ohio; parents born in Pennsylvania; farming.
Dawson, Margary, wife, age 65, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; keeping house.
Dawson, Charles, son, age 28, born in Illinois; parents born in Ohio; single; works on farm.
Stine, Nina, niece, age 14, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Illinois.
Living next door in 1880 were Joshua's parents.10
Joshua C. Hinshaw died Jan 15 1900, buried IOOF Cemetery, 1200 South Jefferson Way, Indianola, Warren County, Iowa.4,7
Elmina died Dec 30 1906, buried IOOF Cemetery, 1200 South Jefferson Way, Indianola, Warren County, Iowa.8
Photo: Joshua C. Hinshaw & Elmina Morgan gravestone IOOF Cemetery, Indianola, Warren County, Iowa
- 1870 census, Indianola, Washington Township, Warren County, Iowa; page 470, line #33, dwelling #135, family #140.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Warren County, Iowa; roll T9-0368, ED 231, page 355D, line #33, dwelling #71, family #75.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- U.S., Hinshaw Index to Selected Quaker Records, 1680-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll 162, page 123; dwelling #406.
- 1870 census, Indianola, Washington Township, Warren County, Iowa; page 470, line #28, dwelling #134, family #139.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Warren County, Iowa; roll T9-0368, ED 231, page 355D, line #41, dwelling #72, family #76.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]