1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. Henry H. Hanshaw (1837-?)
Henry H. Hanshaw [ID 07812]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 1837, Virginia.1,2,3 (c1838).4
Henry was shown in the 1860 census (Jun 26 1860) living with his parents in Clay County, Virginia:2,3
Henry Hanshaw, age 23, born in Virginia; laborer.
But Henry was doubly-enumerated in 1860, being shown again (Jul 14 1860) living (or working) with the family of a William Schoonover in Clay County, Virginia4,5 (presumably he was a hired worker, but it is also possible that he had been taken into the Schoonover family somehow):
Wm Schoonover, age 47, born in Virginia; farmer; $200 real estate; $400 personal property.
Susan Schoonover, age 47, born in Virginia.
Mary E. Schoonover, age 19, born in Virginia.
Wm H. Schoonover, age 14, born in Virginia; attended school.
Caroline Schoonover, age 12, born in Virginia; attended school.
America Schoonover, age 10, born in Virginia; attended school.
Columbus Schoonover, age 7, born in Virginia; attended school.
Henry Hanshaw, age 22, born in Virginia; laborer.
During the Civil War, Henry Hanshaw served in Company M, 7th West Virginia Cavalry, Union Army; he was inducted as a private; discharged as a blacksmith.6 A Henry H. Henshaw, who might be the same person, also served as a private in Company B, 2nd West Virginia Cavalry, Union Army.6 Also, a Henry Hanshaw served in the Clay County 126th Militia.7
On Dec 12 1876 Mary A. Hanshaw was granted a pension as mother of Henry H. Hanshaw, veteran of Company M, 7th West Virginia Cavalry.8
Henry died unmarried.9
- Contribution from Gary Dudding.
- USGenWeb Archives: Clay County WVA - http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvclay/clacen2.htm.
- 1860 census, Clay County, Virginia; page 85, line #27, dwelling #112, family #112.
- 1860 census, Clay County, Virginia; roll M653-1340, page 103, line #13, dwelling #230, family #225.
- USGenWeb Archives: Clay County WVA - http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvclay/clacen4.htm.
- Civil War Service Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- USGenWeb Archives: Clay County WVA - http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvclay/clmil.htm.
- Civil War Pension Index; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Neva P. Adams ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]