1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock 7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833) 8........ Jacob Hinshaw (1787-1832) m Mary Davis (1796-1874) 9......... Elias Hinshaw (1827-1893) m Martitia Macon (1830-1877) 10.......... Eli Newlin Hinshaw (1861-1940) +Elizabeth Carey (1867-1942) 11........... Claud Johnathan Hinshaw (1885-1956) 11........... Charles Clarkson Hinshaw (1888-1934) 11........... Homer Harrison Hinshaw (1893-1963) 11........... Russell Benjamin Hinshaw (1893-1900) 11........... Ruby Ann Pearl Hinshaw (1903-1977)
|Eli Newlin Hinshaw [ID 00804]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Eli Newlin Hinshaw)2,95,190,a (Newlin Hinshaw)b
Born Apr 15 1861, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,95,190,c,d,e (c1858).a (Apr - 1860).f,g
He married Elizabeth Carey, Feb 28 1884, Hamilton County, Indiana.h,47,i,190,j (Lizzie Carey)53,j,h,c,d,e Elizabeth, daughter of Jonathan Carey & Eliza Ann McCool, was born Jun 14 1867, Indiana.i,190,f,g,c,d
At Greenwood MM on 5-27-1885, Eli N. was received on a certificate from Union Grove MM.53
At Greenwood MM on 11-26-1890, Eli M. & wife Lizzie C. and minor children Claud J. & Charles were granted a certificate to Spicewood MM.53
Eli and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 13 1900), Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:f
Eli and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 20 1910), Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:g
Eli and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 29 1930), Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:d
Eli and Elizabeth were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 18-19 1940), Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:e
Eli Newlin Hinshaw died Apr 12 1940, Hamilton County, Indiana; buried Summit Lawn Cemetery, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.n,i
Elizabeth died Aug 15 1942, buried Summit Lawn Cemetery, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.n,i
Photo: Eli Newlin Hinshaw & Elizabeth Carey gravestone Summit Lawn Cemetery n
Photo: Eli Newlin Hinshaw & Elizabeth Carey grave marker Summit Lawn Cemetery n
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
53. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
190. "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
(a) 1870 census, Eagletown P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 199, line #13, dwelling #331, family #326.
(b) Contribution from Marilyn Withrow citing:
Obituary of John Randolph Hinshaw.
(c) 1920 census, Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T625-436, ED 114, page 4A, line #6, dwelling #78, family #78.
(d) 1930 census, Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T626-590, ED 23, page 9B, line #74, dwelling #217, family #218.
(e) 1940 census, Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T627-1050, ED 29-24, page 4B, line #65, household #85.
(f) 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 93, page 9A, line #15, dwelling #208, family #211.
(g) 1910 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T624-353, ED 115, page 290B, line #61, dwelling #61, family #61.
(h) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 7, page 99).
(i) Contribution from citing:
"Branches of the John Carey Family" by Dorothy Carey Toennies &
Thelma Carey Matthews, 1969.
(j) Posting Apr 24 2001 by Lora () to INDIANA-L citing: Carey marriages from Indiana.
(k) "The Genealogical Journal", Randolph County [NC] Genealogical Society, Vol VI, Number 1, Winter 1982.
(l) 1920 census, Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T625-436, ED 114, page 4A, line #9, dwelling #79, family #79.
(m) 1940 census, Wayne Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T627-1050, ED 29-24, page 4B, line #63, household #84.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]