1. Maurice Hinchee (1769-1835) m Polly Stalcup (1772-?)
2.. William B. Hinchee (1790-1848) m Margaret H. Barley (c1793-1875)
3... Mary Ann Hinchee (1822-1876)
+Jeremiah J. Smith (?-c1897)
Mary Ann Hinchee [ID 08248]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec 28 1822, Kentucky.1,2
She married Jeremiah J. Smith, Mar 14 1850, Cass County, Illinois.1,3,4 Jeremiah, son of Thomas Smith & Mary "Polly" Miller.5
William Thomas Smith, born Mar 17 1851, Illinois; married Ann -- (children: Charles B. Smith and Bessie L. Smith).
Isaac M. Smith, born c1852, Illinois; died Nov 2 1867, Madison County, Iowa.
Charles [D.?] Smith, born c1855, Illinois; married Hettie -- (child: Mollie Smith).
John [B.?/P.?] Smith, born c1860, Illinois.
Mary Ann and Jeremiah were shown in the 1850 census, Cass County, Illinois:6
J J Smith, age 21, born in Iowa; farmer.
M A Smith, age 20, born in Kentucky.
Living next door was the family of Thomas & Mary Smith, age 42,7 possibly Jeremiah's parents.8 Also living nearby in 1850 was the family of Mary Ann's widowed mother.9
Mary Ann and Jeremiah were again shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), Richmond, Cass County, Illinois:10
Jerimiah Smith, age 32, born in Illinois; farmer; $900 real estate; $600 personal property.
Mary A Smith, age 31, born in Kentucky.
William T. [or F.] Smith, age 9, born in Illinois; attended school.
Isaac M. Smith, age 8, born in Illinois; attended school.
Charles D. Smith, age 4, born in Illinois; attended school.
John R. Smith, age 7 months, born in Illinois.
Joseph Wathen [unclear], age 22, born in Illinois; laborer.
Mary Ann Hinchee died Aug 7 1876, Harrison County, Missouri; buried Fairview Cemetery, Sherman Township, Harrison County, Missouri.1,2
Jeremiah and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 17 1880), Sherman Township, Harrison County, Missouri:11
Smith, Jeremiah J., age 52, born in Indiana; parents born in Kentucky; married within the year [but apparently a census error as this column is right next to the "widower" column]; farmer.
Smith, John B., son, age 20, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; farmer.
Shaw, Cordelia, adopted daughter, age 17, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; single; housekeeper.
Jeremiah died about 1897, buried Jan 1897, Fairview Cemetery, Sherman Township, Harrison County, Missouri.5
- Posting Mar 6 2001 to the Hinchey Family Genealogy Forum:
- Contribution from Diane Smith Battershell () citing: cemetery records.
- "Illinois Marriages to 1850", Ancestry, Inc.
- Contribution from Diane Smith Battershell () citing:
Marriage Records of Cass County, Illinois.
- Contribution from Diane Smith Battershell ().
- 1850 census, Cass County, Illinois; roll M432-99, page 9A, line #42, dwelling #109, family #109.
- 1850 census, Cass County, Illinois; roll M432-99, page 9A, line #33, dwelling #108, family #108.
- 1850 census, Cass County, Illinois; roll M432-99, page 6B, line #1, dwelling #71, family #71.
- 1860 census, Richmond, Cass County, Illinois; page 135, line #19, dwelling #939, family #939.
- 1880 census, Sherman Township, Harrison County, Missouri; roll T9-0689, ED 296, page 114D-115A, line #49, dwelling #244, family #252.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]