1. William Hincher (1801-<1880) m Charlotte Carroll (1808-1905)
2.. Thomas Jefferson Hincher (1846-1926) m Millie Ann Absher (1861-1914)
3... John Calvin Hincher (1887-1954)
4.... John Hincher 1,2,3
+Emma Brown (1894-1958)
4.... Ethel May Hinchey (c1918-2003) 1,2,3,4,5
John Calvin Hincher [ID 08353]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
John Calvin Hincher1,6,7 [John C. Hinchey4, Shobe Hincher1, Shober Hincher8].
Born Jul - 1887, Miller's Creek, Wilkes County, North Carolina.2,4,5,6,7
He married - Brooks.2
He then married Emma Brown, about 1918.2,4,5 Emma, daughter of Elijah Brown & Nancy Jennings, was born Jul 16 1894, Wilkes County, North Carolina.4,8 Note: Emma was the sister of Sarah J. Brown who married Shobe's first cousin James Richard Hincher.8
John and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 13 1920), Mulberry Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina:4
Hinchey, John C., head-of-household, age 34, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; owned home; farmer.
Hinchey, Emma [unclear], wife, age 24, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hinchey, Ethel MayLiving nearby in 1920 were the families of Richard Hinchey and Mike Hinchey who might have been closely related. Also living in Wilkes County, North Carolina in 1920 was the family of James Calvin Hinchey.
, daughter, age 1 year 4 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
John and family were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), Walnut Grove Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina:5
Hincher, John C., head-of-household, age 44, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 32; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hincher, Emma, wife, age 36, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 24.
Hincher, Ethel M
, daughter, age 11, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
John Calvin Hincher died 1954.1,2
Emma died Nov 18 1958, Wilkes General Hospital, North Wilkesboro, Wilkes County, North Carolina; age 64.8
- Contribution from Von Hincher citing: Ambrose Milton Hincher.
- Contribution from Fred Milton Hincher.
- Contribution from Von Hincher.
- 1920 census, Mulberry Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T625-1329, ED 176, page 7A, line #45, dwelling #127, family #127.
- 1930 census, Walnut Grove Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T626-1729, ED 28, page 1A-1B, line #50, dwelling #10, family #10.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1900 census, Traphill Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T623-1224, ED 158, page 11B, line #69, dwelling #217, family #220.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]