1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Enoch Hinshaw (1794-1864) m Sylvina York (1805-1890)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1823-1864)
+Mary Elma Hinshaw (1833-1921)
10.......... Zebedee Marion Hinshaw (1856-1923) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
10.......... Sabra Rebecca Hinshaw (1858-1925) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
10.......... Hannah Sylvania Hinshaw (1859-1919) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
10.......... Sylvia Hinshaw (1860-?) 5
10.......... William Enoch Hinshaw (1863-1863) 6,7
10.......... James Milton Hinshaw (1864-1864) 6,7
Nathan Hinshaw [ID 00850]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 23 18237,9,10 [Sep 13 18235,6,11], Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina7,9,10.
He married Mary Elma Hinshaw, Mar 11 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,5,6,7,9,10 Mary Elma Hinshaw, daughter of Zebedee Hinshaw & Rebecca Trogdon, was born Aug 25 1833, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,12 Nathan and Mary were second cousins once removed.
A marriage bond was recorded for Nathan Hinshaw & Mary E. Hinshaw on Mar 7, 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.13
Nathan and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 13 1860), Longs Mills P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Nathan, age 37, born in North Carolina; farmer; $800 real estate; $375 personal property.
Hinshaw, Mary, age 27; domestic.
Nathan Hinshaw died May 25 1864, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.5,7,10
At Center MM on 11-20-1869, "Mary and children, Zebedee M., Sabra R. & Hannah S." were received by request.1
Widow Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 12 1870), New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:3
Hinshaw, Mary E., age 36, born in North Carolina; keeping house; $500 real estate; $200 personal property.
John F. Jones, age 21, born in North Carolina; farm laborer.
Living three houses away in 1870 was the family of Nathan's sister Hannah.14
Widow Mary and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:4
Hinshaw, Mary E., age 46, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow; housekeeping.
Hinshaw, Zebedee M.
, son, age 23, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; works on farm.
Hinshaw, Sibbie R.
, daughter, age 21, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hinshaw, Hannah S.
, daughter, age 20, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Mary remarried on Feb 7 1884 to Baxter B. Stout,6,7,15 who had been a next door neighbor.16
Mary Elma Hinshaw died Mar 17 1921, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.5,7,10,11 Mary and Nathan are buried together at Providence.
Photo: Mary Elma Hinshaw
Photo: Nathan Hinshaw & Mary Elma Hinshaw family record Center MM, Guilford County, North Carolina
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 281, line #10, dwelling #799, family #799.
- 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 435, line #1, dwelling #134, family #131.
- 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 211, page 30B, line #31, dwelling #14, family #14.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- Family group sheets from Denzel Marie Hinshaw, contributed
by Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1994; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1870 census, New Salem P.O., New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M593-1156, page 435, line #19, dwelling #137, family #134.
- 1920 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 111, page 5A, line #16, dwelling #67, family #67.
- 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 281, line #7, dwelling #798, family #798.
- Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]