1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Enoch Hinshaw (1794-1864)
+Sylvina York (1805-1890)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1823-1864) 1,2,3,4,5
9......... Hannah Hinshaw (1826-?) 1,2,3,5,6
9......... Hugh Hinshaw (1828-?) 1,2,3,5
9......... Jabes Hinshaw (1835-1863) 1,2,3,5,6
9......... Barsheba Hinshaw (1837-?) 1,2,3,5,6
9......... Clark Hinshaw (1850-1902) 1,2,3,5,6
Enoch Hinshaw [ID 00086]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 1-24-1794, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
At Cane Creek MM on 7-5-1817, Enoch was granted a certificate to Center MM.7 (few Hinshaw records this early from Center MM remain).
He married Sylvina York1,2,12 [Sylvania York1,2,8], Oct 9 18221,2,12, Randolph County, North Carolina1,2,12. Sylvina, daughter of Isaac H. York & Elleanor Aldridge, was born Apr 29 1805, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,6,8,9,11,13,14,15
A marriage bond was recorded for Enoch Hinshaw & Sylvina York on Oct 9 1822, Randolph County, North Carolina.12
On Jun 8 1844 Enoch Hinshaw was one of several buyers of the inventory of the estate of a Mary M. Moser, recorded in Randolph County, North Carolina.16
Enoch and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:3
Enoch Hinshaw, age 56, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate.
Sylvania Hinshaw, age 47, born in North Carolina.
Hugh HinshawLiving two houses away in 1850 was the family of deceased brother Aaron.17
, age 22, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Enoch and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 13 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:6
Enoch Hinshaw, age 66, born in North Carolina; farmer; $2000 real estate; $705 personal property.
Sylvana Hinshaw, age 55; domestic.
Enoch Hinshaw died 5-21-1864, Center MM, North Carolina; buried 5-22-1864, Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,7,8,9,11
Enoch's will, probated in Randolph County in 1864, is recorded in the North Carolina State Archives (Raleigh, NC); Will Book 13, page 14118 (see below).
Widow Sylvina and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 16 1870), Randolph County, North Carolina:14
Hinshaw, Sylvania, age 65, born in North Carolina; keeping house; $700 real estate; $300 personal property.
Next door in 1870 was the family of nephew Milo Hinshaw.19
Widow Sylvania was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23 1880), living in the household of son Clarkson in Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:15
Hinshaw, Sylvania, mother, age 75, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow.
Sylvina died May 11 1890, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,8,9,11
Photo: Sylvania York
Photo: Sylvania York's house
Photo: Enoch Hinshaw's last will and testament
Photo: Enoch Hinshaw gravestone Providence Friends Cemetery
Photo: Sylvania York gravestone Providence Friends Cemetery
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1125.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 282, line #16, dwelling #810, family #810.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- Contribution from Richard Alan Wood, citing: gravestone.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- Edenfield Genealogical Society database: http://www.edenfield.org.
- 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #35, dwelling #34, family #32.
- 1880 census, Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 212, page 49D, line #31, dwelling #199, family #199.
- "Randolph County Estates"; "The Genealogical Journal",
Vol. XXII, No. 2, Spring 1999; Randolph County Genealogical Society.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1127.
- Mitchell, Thornton W. "North Carolina Wills; A Testator Index, 1665-1900".
- 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #33, dwelling #33, family #31.
- Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
- Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
- Photo courtesy of Richard Alan Wood.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]