1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ John Hinshaw (1783-1855) m Margaret Ann Ratcliff (1790-1860)
9......... Amos Ratcliff Hinshaw (1825-1900) m Elizabeth Linton (1831-1905)
10.......... Theron Nimsico Hinshaw (1860-1899) m Sallie Jane Boyd (1863-1943)
11........... Therion Linton Hinshaw (1889-1961)
+Kathryn Myrtle Wilson (1891-1948)
12............ Dorothy Hinshaw 1
12............ Opal M. Hinshaw (1910-2010) 2,3,4
Therion Linton Hinshaw [ID 08642]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Therion Linton Hinshaw5,6,7 [Theron Linton Hinshaw8, Linton Thoeron Hinshaw2,4,9,10,11, Lint Hinshaw1].
Born Nov 17 18898,9,11 [Nov 17 18907], Centralia, Boone County, Missouri8,9,11.
He married Kathryn Myrtle Wilson10,12 [Kate Myrtle Wilson2,11, Katie Myrtle Wilson3,10], Feb 10 190910,12, Ashland, Boone County, Missouri10,12. Kathryn, daughter of Thomas Jefferson Wilson & Riney Maria Wright, was born Jan 24 1891, Ashland, Boone County, Missouri.6,11,12
Linton and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 9 1910), Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri:3
Hinshaw, Linton, head-of-household, age 20, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first marriage, married 1 year; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Katie, wife, age 19, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first marriage, married 1 year; 1 child, 1 living.
, daughter, age 4 months, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
On Jun 5 1917 Linton Thoeron Hinshaw, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Boone County, Missouri. He declared he was born Nov. 17 1889 in Centralia, Missouri, and was then residing in Guthrie, Missouri, a farmer with a dependent wife and child. He claimed an exemption from the draft due to "unsound". He was recorded as medium height, slender, blue eyes, black hair.9
Linton and Kate were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri:11
Hinshaw, Linton T., head-of-household, age 30, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; rented home; occupation: farmer.
Hinshaw, Kate M., wife, age 28, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
Sharp, Dewey, hired man, age 19, born in Missouri; laborer.
Living just a few houses away in 1920 was his widowed mother,13 as well as his sister Alice Eunice.14
Linton and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 17 1930), Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri:4
Hinshaw, Linton T., head-of-household, age 40, born in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Missouri; first married at age 19; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Katie M., wife, age 39, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 18.
Hinshaw, Opal M.
, daughter, age 19, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; attended school.
Kathryn died Jun 17 1948, Boone County Hospital, Columbia, Boone County, Missouri; age 57y 4m 23d.6,12 Medical: Kate died from breast cancer.12
Therion Linton Hinshaw died Sep 1 1961, Boone County Rest Home, Columbia, Boone County, Missouri; age 70.6,7
Photo: Lint Hinshaw with parents and brother James
Photo: Therion Linton Hinshaw death certificate Boone County, Missouri [PDF]
Photo: Myrtle Kathryn Wilson death certificate [PDF]
- Contribution from Sondra Swinford ().
- Obituary of Opal Hinshaw.
- 1910 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; roll T624-770, ED 4, page 10B, line #86, dwelling #224, family #224.
- 1930 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; roll T626-1176, ED 7, page 4B, line #85, dwelling #96, family #96.
- Contribution from Frank Machala Hinshaw.
- Boone County, Missouri, Cemetery Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Death certificate for Therion Linton Hinshaw; Missouri State Archives:
- 1900 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; ED 16, page 49A (sheet 1A), line #40, dwelling #10, family #10.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; roll T625-906, ED 6, page 1A, line #18, dwelling #5, family #5.
- Death certificate for Myrtle Kathryn (Wilson) Hinshaw; Missouri State Archives:
- 1920 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; roll T625-906, ED 6, page 1A, line #32, dwelling #9, family #9.
- 1920 census, Cedar Township, Boone County, Missouri; roll T625-906, ED 6, page 1A, line #29, dwelling #8, family #8.
- Photo courtesy of Sondra Swinford ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]