1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Abel Hinshaw (1799-1876) m Nancy Bookout (1799-1882)
9......... Jacob B. Hinshaw (1824-1901) m Mary M. Carter (1826-1908)
10.......... Uriah A. Hinshaw (1852-1933) m Mary Elizabeth Baldwin (1854-1896)
11........... Tully Ivanhoe Hinshaw (1882-1942) m Grace Belle Moyer (1886-1966)
12............ John Walter Hinshaw (1905-1982)
+Ruby Irene Jennings (1913-1973)
13............. Rodrick Jennings Hinshaw (1931-) 1,2,3,4
13............. Ava Diane Hinshaw (1944-) 1,2,4
John Walter Hinshaw [ID 08821]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
John Walter Hinshaw1,3,5,6 [Walter J. Hinshaw7,8,9,10].
Born May 17 1905, Wayne County, Indiana.3,5,6,7,8,10,11
He married Ruby Irene Jennings, Jun 10 1930.1 Ruby was born 1913, Indiana.3,12,13
Walter and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 22 1940), Harrison Township, Darke County, Ohio:3
Hinshaw, J. Walter, head-of-household, age 34, born in Indiana; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Preble County, Ohio; rented farm ($8/month rent); occupation: operator, farm.
Hinshaw, Rubey I., wife, age 27, born in Indiana; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Preble County, Ohio.
Hinshaw, Roderick J.
, son, age 8, born in Ohio; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Preble County, Ohio; attended school.
Hinshaw, Grace B.
, mother, age 54, born in Ohio; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Preble County, Ohio.
Pelfrey, Eugene W
, nephew, age 19, born in Oklahoma; completed 1 year of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Preble County, Ohio; occupation: machinist, factory.
Ruby died Feb 12 1973, Kettering Memorial Hospital, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio; age 59.6,12,13,14
In 1942-1982 Walter was living in/near Hollansburg, Darke County, Ohio.6,9,10
John Walter Hinshaw died Feb 25 1982, Kettering, Montgomery County, Ohio; age 76.6,10,11,12
Photo: Ruby Irene Jennings obituary 1973 newspaper
Photo: John Walter Hinshaw family gravestone Buena Vista Cemetery
Social Security information for John Walter Hinshaw: 288-34-7795
- Contribution from Melissa (Bates) Sheets ().
- Obituary of Ruby Irene Jennings.
- 1940 census, Harrison Township, Darke County, Ohio; roll T627-3060, ED 19-29, page 1B, line #54, household #16.
- Contribution from Melissa Anne (Bates) Sheets.
- 1910 census, Winchester, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T624-376, ED 152, page 9B, line #54, dwelling #206, family #215.
- Ohio Deaths, 1958-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T625-464, ED 160, page 1A, line #5, dwelling #2, family #2.
- "Index to Birth Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1882-1920 Volume II",
Indiana Work Projects Administration; book H-3, pg 228.
- Obituary of Tully Ivanhoe Hinshaw.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Buena Vista Cemetery burials, Randolph County, Indiana; USGenWeb Archives
- Genealogical & Historical Records of Preble County, Ohio; Preble County District Library:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]