1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ Benjamin H. Hinshaw (1782-1866) m Annas Bowman (1790-1865)
9......... Edmund B. Hinshaw (1815-1883) m Irena Hiatt (1825-1871)
10.......... Edmund R. Hinshaw (1856-1906) m Ella Huffman (1858-?)
11........... Cyrus Clark Hinshaw (1878-1953)
+Ino Miller (1881-1910)
+Mable - (1883-1973)
Cyrus Clark Hinshaw [ID 08822]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Cyrus Clark Hinshaw1,2 [Cyrus Clarkson Hinshaw3,4, Clark Hinshaw5,6,7].
Born May 19 18783,4,6,7,8 [18772, about 18759, about 188010], Winchester, Randolph County, Indiana3,4,6,7,8.
He married Ino Miller5,6 [Ivo Miller11,12, Lavina I. Miller13,14,15], May 22 18985,6, Jay County, Indiana5,6. Ino, daughter of Abraham + Cyntha A. Miller11, was born Oct - 188111 [about 188312, about 188413], Indiana11.
Clark and Lavina were divorced, apparently not long after they were married. Clark was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 30 1900), living with his parents in White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana:7
Hinshaw, Clark, son, age 22, born May 1878 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; divorced; occupation: day labor.
Lavina was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), living with her parents in Knox Township, Jay County, Indiana:11
Hinshaw, Ivo [or Ino - unclear], daughter, age 18, born Oct 1881 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married, married 2 years.
Lavina remarried to Elisha Landon, Sep 28 1905, Jay County, Indiana,12,14,15 by whom she had a child, Gerald Landon, born 1908, Indiana.12
Lavina and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 4-5 1910), Knox Township, Jay County, Indiana:12
Landon, Elisha, head-of-household, age 40, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 5 years; occupation: farmer, general farm; rented farm.
Landon, Imo [or Ima - unclear], wife, age 27, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; first marriage, married 5 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Landon, Gerald, son, age 1 year 6 months [unclear], born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Note: the above census was enumerated on the day before, or the day of, Lavina's death.13
Ino died May 5 1910, Knox Township, Jay County, Indiana; age 26.13
He then married Mable -3 [Mattie E. -10]. Mable was born Feb 12 18838,16 [about 187910], Virginia8,16.
Cyrus and Mable were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), living in (or staying in) a lodging house at 119 Douglas Ave., Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana:10
Hinshaw, Syrus C., lodger, age 40, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: servant, hospital.
Hinshaw, Mattie E., lodger, age 41, born in Virginia; father born in Virginia; mother born in England; occupation: servant, hospital.
On Apr 27 1942 Cyrus Clarkson Hinshaw, age 63, registered for the World War II draft in Indiana. He declared he was born May 19, 1878 in Winchester, Indiana, and was then residing at 320 Virginia Ave., Indianapolis, Indiana, employed by Goldstein Bros., 16 E. Washington, Indianapolis. He declared his relative/contact was Mable Hinshaw of 320 Virginia Ave. He was recorded as 5' 8 1/2" tall, 145 lbs., red hair, brown eyes, ruddy complexion.3
Cyrus Clark Hinshaw died 1953, buried Section 13, Row 6, New South Park Cemetery, Martinsville, Morgan County, Indiana.8
Mable died Feb - 1973, buried Section 13, Row 6, New South Park Cemetery, Martinsville, Morgan County, Indiana.8,16
Photo: Cyrus Clarkson Hinshaw gravestone New South Park Cemetery
Social Security information for Mable -: 310-20-6801
- 1880 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 165, page 113D, line #28, dwelling #314, family #324.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "KFamilyTree 6.003" posted by "swjmort".
- "Index to Marriage Records, Jay County [Indiana], Volume I";
Indiana Work Projects Administration; book C-H, pg 461.
- "Index to Supplementary Record Jay County [Indiana] Marriage Transcripts
1882-1920", Indiana Work Projects Administration; book MT4, pg 1.
- 1900 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 135, page 13A, line #12, dwelling #278, family #279.
- 1880 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 165, page 113D, line #38, dwelling #314, family #324.
- 1920 census, 3rd Ward, Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana; roll T625-421, ED 45, page 3B, line #61, dwelling #49, family #62.
- 1900 census, Knox Township, Jay County, Indiana; roll T623-380, ED 61, page 2B, line #63, dwelling #34, family #34.
- 1910 census, Knox Township, Jay County, Indiana; roll T624-358, ED 66, page 73B, line #56, dwelling #164, family #165.
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Index to Marriage Records, Jay County 1850-1920"; Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1938; book C-J, page 221.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]