Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw
1. Samuel Henshaw m Sarah Elizabeth Morgan
2.. John Edward Henshaw (1796-1891) m Abigail Sophia Beals (c1796-1884)
3... John Edward Henshaw (1839-1929) m Jemima Chute (1843-1924)
4.... Herbert Alexender Henshaw (1862-1947) m Phoebe Helena Lovely (1869-1920)
5..... Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw (1895-1980)
+Margaret Jean MacQuarrie (1900-1997)
6...... Donald Herbert Henshaw (1922-1998) 1,2,3
6...... Harold Vaughan Henshaw (1925-2009) 1,2,3,4
6...... Jean Henshaw (1927-) 1,2,3
Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw [ID 09209]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 5 1895, Perth, Victoria County, New Brunswick.1,5,6,7,8
He married Margaret Jean MacQuarrie1,4,9 [M. Jean MacQuarrie4,10], Feb 4 19221,4,9, Oakville, Halton County, Ontario1,4,9. (she hated the name Margaret).4 Margaret, daughter of Donald Hector MacQuarrie & Jessie Amelia Reid, was born Apr 3 1900, Nova Scotia.4,10,11,12,13
At the time of their marriage both Vaughan and Margaret were living in Toronto. Vaughan was a student. The marriage register lists both of them as Baptists.11
Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw died Dec 20 1980, Ormstown, Quebec; age 84 years.13,14
Vaughan's obituary was published in "The Chronicle Herald" (Halifax, Nova Scotia) on December 31, 1980:15
Vaughan I.M. Henshaw
Vaughan I.M. Henshaw, 84, died here December 20, 1980 Born in Perth, N.B., he was a son of the late Commodore Herbert A. and Lena (Lovely) Henshaw. He attended Acadia University. He served overseas in the First World War with the 26th New Brunswick Battalion, and was wounded in 1915. He is survived by his wife M. (Margaret) Jean (MacQuarrie); a daughter, Mrs. Jean Dole, California; two sons, Donald, Moorefield, Ontario, and Harold V., Parrsboro; 11 grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother Eldon. Burial will be in Parrsboro May 19, 1981.
Margaret died Mar 24 1997, Mount Forest, Ontario; buried Parrsboro, Nova Scotia.4
Photo: Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw birth record Perth, Victoria County, New Brunswick
- Contribution from Tim Sanford ().
- Posting Jul 6 2003 by Barbara Dutton Gaylord () to MATHESON-L citing: family notes of Flora MacQuarrie Emery.
- Obituary of Harold Vaughan Henshaw.
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard.
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard citing: Herbert Henshaw family bible.
- "New Brunswick, Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registrations, 1810-1906," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XT34-6RL : accessed 26 Jul 2014);
citing Perth, Victoria, New Brunswick, certificate 24177, Provincial Archives, Fredericton; FHL microfilm 1943986.
- "Canada, Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F2ZB-S91 : accessed 26 Jul 2014);
citing Perth, New Brunswick, Canada, 05 Aug 1895, reference ; FHL microfilm 1943986.
- Provincial Archives of New Brunswick, Vital Statistics:
- "Ontario Marriages, 1869-1927," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/27D5-V8X : accessed 26 Jul 2014);
citing registration 011622, Oakville, Halton, Ontario, Canada, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 002378811.
- 1910 census, 6th Ward, Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; roll T624-603, ED 976, page 10B, line #90, dwelling #250, family #263.
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard and Lori Henshaw, citing:
marriage register for Vaughan Ivan Milton Henshaw & Margaret Jean MacQuarrie.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "McCall-Payne Family Tree" posted by "gailmccall".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Family Tree of Connor E. DeMerchant, updated on October 3, 2013" posted by "kdemerch".
- Contribution from Tim Sanford () citing:
"The Chronicle Herald", December 31, 1980.
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard citing
"The Chronicle Herald", December 31, 1980.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 11:43:20 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]