1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Thomas Hancher (1773-1862) m Eleanor Brown (1785-1864)
5..... Joseph Hancher (1807-1888) m Rebeccah Tauguay (c1815-1893)
6...... John Hancher (c1836-1875)
+Cornelia S. Trimble (1843-1873)
John Hancher [ID 09352]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
John Hancher1,2,3,4,5,6 [John Henshaw7, John Hanshaw8, John Hencher9].
Born about 1836, Berkeley County, Virginia.7,8,9,10 (Apr 4 1837).6,11 (1839).1,2,3,4,5
He married Cornelia S. Trimble, Oct 16 1860, Frederick County, Virginia.1,2,3,4,10 Cornelia, daughter of James Wilson Trimble & Mary Ann Hackney, was born May 6 1843, Hopewell MM, Frederick County, Virginia.1,2,3,4,5,10,12,13 (c1842).9,14
John and Cornelia had been neighbors - John's family8 was living nearby Cornelia's family13 in the 1860 census.
John and Cornelia probably had a daughter named Mary,15 as there was an unidentified child Mary Hancher shown in the 1880 census living in the household of John's sister Isabella.
John and Cornelia and brother Joseph were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 3 1870), Chariton County, Missouri:9
Hencher, John, age 33, born in Virginia; farmer; $1600 real estate; $500 personal property.
Hencher, Cornelia, age 28, born in Virginia; keeping house.
Cornelia died Dec 20 1873, buried Chariton Cemetery, Glasgow, Howard County, Missouri.12
John Hancher died Aug 20 1875, buried Chariton Cemetery, Glasgow, Howard County, Missouri.11
- Contribution from Jackie L. Wolfe.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Duane Harsell ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Ann (Jobe) Brown ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Charles Arvin ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Rebecca Anderson ().
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Dawn Lynn Thomson Family Tree" posted by "cvulture".
- 1850 census, District 9, Berkeley County, Virginia; roll M432-936, page 416, line #1, dwelling #1488, family #1519.
- 1860 census, White Hall P.O., District 4, Frederick County, Virginia; roll M653-1347, page 557, line #5, dwelling #2097, family #2036.
- 1870 census, Keytesville P.O., Missouri Township, Chariton County, Missouri; roll M593-768, page 217, line #21, dwelling #112, family #111.
- Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, White Hall P.O., District 4, Frederick County, Virginia; roll M653-1347, page 558, line #35, dwelling #2106, family #2065.
- 1850 census, District 16, Frederick County, Virginia; roll M432-945, page 228, line #6, dwelling #400, family #400.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]