1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Thomas Hinshaw (1775-1824) m Lucy Clanton (1773-1859)
9......... Benjamin J. Hinshaw (1795-1860) m Ruth Carter (1792-1882)
10.......... John Thomas Hinshaw (1832-1910) m Sarah Jane Coe (1833-1901)
11........... Henry Luther Hinshaw (1863-1942) m Mary Lou Jester (1873-1942)
12............ Gurney Marvin Hinshaw (1900-1979)
+Irma Mae Hobson (1906-1984)
13............. Luther Gray Hinshaw (1926-) 1,2,3,4
13............. Gurnie Howell Hinshaw (1928-2011) 1,2,3,4,5
13............. Glyce Ray Hinshaw (1931-) 1,3,4
13............. Paul Hinshaw (1935-) 1,3,4
13............. James Franklin Hinshaw (1943-) 1,3,4
Gurney Marvin Hinshaw [ID 09645]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Gurney Marvin Hinshaw6,7,8 [Gurnie Marvin Hinshaw1,9].
Born Feb 28 1900, North Carolina.1,2,6,7,8,9,10,11
He married Irma Mae Hobson, 1924.1,2,10 Irma, daughter of George Luther Ray Hobson & Emma Brown1,2,12,13, was born Aug 24 19061,2,12,13 [Aug 24 19056], Forbush, Yadkin County, North Carolina1,2,12,13.
Note that Gurney's brother, Romie Willie Hinshaw, married Irma's sister, Alice Goldie Hobson.1
Gurney and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Gurney M., head-of-household, age 30, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 24; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Erma M., wife, age 23, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 18.
Hinshaw, HalLiving next door in 1930 were Gurney's parents and siblings.14
, son, age 1, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
In 1979 Gurney was living in Boonville, Yadkin County, North Carolina.6
Gurney Marvin Hinshaw died Jan 9 1979, Elkin, Surry County, North Carolina; age 78.1,6,9,10
Irma died Jun 20 1984, Elkin, Surry County, North Carolina; age 77.1,12
Social Security information for Gurney Marvin Hinshaw: 244-62-3846
Social Security information for Irma Mae Hobson: 246-88-5555
- "The Hobson Family Lineage", by Jay W. Hobson, 1994; GS929.2 H684 in a local library
- 1930 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T626-1730, ED 11, page 2B, line #98, dwelling #40, family #40.
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Gurnie Howell Hinshaw.
- Contribution from Ron Collins () citing:
marriage records, Yadkin County, North Carolina.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T623-1225, ED 137, page 10A, line #13, dwelling #173, family #173.
- 1910 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T624-1130, ED 141, page 6B, line #76, dwelling #111, family #111.
- North Carolina Deaths, 1979-82; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Ray Parker ().
- 1920 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T625-1324, ED 197, page 10B, line #64, dwelling #177, family #180.
- North Carolina Deaths, 1983-87; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Edna Marie Hobson Coe; posted Sep 25 2002 by Ron Collins () to the Yadkin Co. NC message board:
- 1930 census, Fall Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T626-1730, ED 11, page 2B, line #93, dwelling #39, family #39.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]