1. James Henshaw (<1770-?) m Sally Andrews (1777-1842)
2.. James Geary Henshaw (1815-1889) m Elizabeth Ann Kridler (1818-1902)
3... Eli John Simeon Henshaw (1842-1910) m Rebecca Jane Daniels (1845-1933)
4.... James Elmer Henshaw (1867-1956) m Ida Mae Combs (1877-1926)
5..... Donald Gilmore Henshaw (1904-1978)
+Daisy May Mitchell (c1902-1971)
6...... Jeanne Elaine Henshaw (1925-2006) 1,2
6...... Dean Gilmore Henshaw (1928-2002) 1,2
6...... Norman Ross Henshaw (1933-1983) 1
6...... David G. Henshaw (1938-) 1
+Dora J. Burton (c1920-)
Donald Gilmore Henshaw [ID 09729]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Feb 5 1904, Moulton, Appanoose County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6
He married Daisy May Mitchell, Dec 19 1923, Fort Madison, Lee County, Iowa.1,2,7 Daisy, daughter of William O. Mitchell & Grace M. Wright, was born about 1902, Anamosa, Iowa.2,7,8
Donald and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 1131 Ave. H, Fort Madison, Lee County, Iowa:2
Henshaw, Don G., head-of-household, age 26, born in Iowa; parents born in United States; first married at age 21; rented home ($35 rent); no radio in home; occupation: electrician, railroad; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Daisy M., wife, age 27, born in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in United States; first married at age 21.
Henshaw, Jean E.
, daughter, age 5, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Mitchell, Grace M., mother-in-law, age 53, born in United States; parents born in United States; divorced; occupation: house keeper, general.
Daisy died 1971.9
He then married Dora J. Burton10 [Dora J. Older10], Jan 8 197210, Santa Barbara County, California10. Dora was born about 1920.10
Donald Gilmore Henshaw died Aug 30 1978, Mendocino Hospital, Ukiah, Mendocino County, California.1,3,5,11
Social Security information for Donald Gilmore Henshaw: 709-14-4693
- Contribution from Alice Daniels ().
- 1930 census, 2nd Ward, Fort Madison, Madison Twp., Lee County, Iowa; roll T626-664, ED 22, page 4B, line #85, dwelling #91, family #125.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Mark Witeck.
- 1920 census, Farmington Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T625-516, ED 111, page 12B, line #95, dwelling #258, family #260.
- Iowa, Marriage Records, 1923-1937; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Fourth Avenue West, 5th Ward, Dickinson, Stark County, North Dakota; roll T624-1148, ED 162, page 17B, line #97, dwelling #311, family #346.
- Contribution from Jimmy Dean Henshaw.
- California, Marriage Index, 1960-1985; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]