1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... William Henshaw (c1821-<1870) m Eunice Palmeater (1825-1916)
5..... Emma Henshaw (c1848-c1877)
+Henry H. "Harry" Long (1836-1881)
Emma Henshaw [ID 09732]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1848, Ohio.1,2,3,4
She married Henry H. "Harry" Long, Oct 11 1866, Bureau County, Illinois.5,6 Henry, son of Henry H. Long & Mary Ann Walden, was born Oct 11 1836, Xenia, Greene County, Ohio.4,6,7,8
Maud A. Long, born 1868, Bureau County, Illinois.
Harry Long, born Oct 30 1869, Coffeyville, Montgomery County, Kansas.
Percy Ernest Long, born Nov 27 1874, Kansas; died about Jan 30 1950, buried Oak Grove Cemetery, LaCrosse, Wisconsin; married 1) Maude M. McDonald, 2) Louisa (Weinke) Thomas.
Frank Long, born c1877, Kansas.
In 1870 Emma and family moved to Kansas.6
Emma and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 12 1870), Westralia, Montgomery County, Kansas:4
Long, H.H., age 33, born in Ohio; merchant ret[ail]; $3000 personal property.
Long, Emma, age 22, born in Ohio; keeping house.
Long, Maud, age 2, born in Illinois.
Long, Harry, age 8 months, born Oct  in Kansas.
Ring, John, age 24, born in Ohio; works on farm.
Emma Henshaw died about 1877, Montgomery County, Kansas.5,6
Widower Henry and daughter Maud were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), living in the household of his sister Nancy (Long) Piper in Selby Township, Bureau County, Illinois:8
Piper, Nancy, age 46, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; widow; keeping house.
Piper, David C., brother-in-law, age 55, born in Ohio; father born in Maine; mother born in Pennsylvania; single; farmer.
Long, Harry H., brother, age 43, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; widower; school teacher.
Long, Albert C., nephew, age 21, born in Illinois; parents born in Ohio; single; farmer.
Long, Maud A., niece, age 12, born in Illinois; parents born in Ohio; single; attended school.
In 1880 son Harry was staying nearby with the family of Henry's sister Charity (Long) Walton:12
Long, Harry, nephew, age 10, born in Kansas; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Son Percy was staying with the family of Henry's sister Almeda (Long) Dunteman:13
Long, Percy E., nephew, age 6, born in Kansas; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Son Frank was staying with the family of Henry's sister Amanda (Long) Dunteman:14
Long, Frank, nephew, age 3, born in Kansas; parents born in Ohio.
The recorded enumerator for all of the above 1880 census pages was Harry H. Long.
Henry died Feb 8 18816, Ohio, Bureau County, Illinois6 [Coal Hollow, Bureau County, Illinois7].
Photo: Obituary of Henry H. Long "Bureau County Republican", Feb 17 1881, page 8, column 5
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing: 1850 census.
- 1850 census, Rome Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 105B, line #40, dwelling #1495, family #1512.
- 1860 census, Oskaloosa P.O., Oskaloosa Township, Jefferson County, Kansas Territory; roll M653-349, page 54, line #22, dwelling #350, family #363.
- 1870 census, Westralia, Montgomery County, Kansas; roll M593-439, page 677, line #8, dwelling #18, family #18.
- Posting Oct 5 2005 by Dorrie Simon () to the Montgomery County, Kansas message board:
- Obituary of Henry H. Long; courtesy of Dorrie Simon ().
- Contribution from Dorrie Simon ().
- 1880 census, Selby Township, Bureau County, Illinois; roll T9-177, ED 24, page 299D, line #39, dwelling #29, family #32.
- Contribution from Dorrie Simon (), citing: obituary of Harry Long, Jr.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (La Crosse, La Crosse County, Wisconsin); http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Dorrie Simon (), citing: obituary of Percy Long.
- 1880 census, Coal Hollow, Selby Township, Bureau County, Illinois; roll T9-177, ED 24, page 311D, line #14, dwelling #212, family #219.
- 1880 census, Selby Township, Bureau County, Illinois; roll T9-177, ED 24, page 301C, line #37, dwelling #52, family #55.
- 1880 census, Selby Township, Bureau County, Illinois; roll T9-177, ED 24, page 301C, line #32, dwelling #51, family #54.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]