1. Edward L. Hanshaw (c1865-c1898) m Mattie Pemberton (1857-?)
2.. George Ethel Hanshaw (1896-)
+Audrey M. Knott (c1900-)
3... Millard C. Henshaw (c1921-) 1
3... Billy L. Henshaw (c1925-) 1
3... Gerlene M. Henshaw (c1927-) 1
3... Kenneth M. Hanshaw (c1929-2009) 1
George Ethel Hanshaw [ID 09949]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec - 1896, Clinton, Anderson County, Tennessee.2,3,4,5 (c1897, Tennessee).6 (c1898, Tennessee).1
She married Audrey M. Knott, about 1917.1,7 Audrey was born about 1900, Tennessee.1
George served in World War I.5
George was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 9-10 1920), Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio:6
Daniels, Ben, head-of-household, age 55, born in Tennessee; rented home.
Daniels, Eliza, wife, age 53, born in Tennessee.
Hall, Perry, boarder, age 47, born in Virginia; married.
Hanshaw, George E., boarder, age 23, born in Tennessee; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; married; occupation: cutter, [..unclear..] mill.
Smith, Walter L., boarder, age 25, born in Tennessee; single.
Note that George was shown in the 1920 census as married, yet no wife was shown living with him.
George and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), Knox County, Tennessee:1
Henshaw, George E., head-of-household, age 32, born in Tennessee; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; first married at age 20; occupation: cutter, [..unclear..] clothing; owned home, home value $400; war veteran.
Henshaw, Audrey M., wife, age 30, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 17.
Henshaw, Millard C.
, son, age 9, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; did not attend school.
Henshaw, Billy L.
, son, age 5, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; did not attend school.
Henshaw, Gerlene M.
, daughter, age 2 years ? months, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; did not attend school.
Henshaw, Kenneth M.
, son, age 11 months, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; did not attend school.
- 1930 census, Civil District 8, Knox County, Tennessee; District 79, page 7A, line #4, dwelling #122, family #123.
- Posting Mar 18 2000 to HINSHAW-L by Karen Travis ().
- 1900 census, District 13, Anderson County, Tennessee; roll T623-1557, ED 13, page 23B, line #63, dwelling #470, family #481.
- 1910 census, District 8, Knox County, Tennessee; roll T624-1508, ED 120, page 8B, line #94, dwelling #131, family #136.
- Tennessee World War I Veterans; Tennessee State Library and Archives:
- 1920 census, Cincinnati, Cincinnati Twp., Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T625-1394, ED 390, page #6B, line #96, dwelling #58, family #163.
- Obituary of Kenneth M. Hanshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]