1. James Hanshaw (c1790-?) m Christina - (c1794-?)
2.. Levi L. Hanshaw (c1828-?)
+Elizabeth K. Manning (c1828-?)
3... Alice A. Hanshaw (1853-?) 1,2,3,4
3... Jesse Hanshaw (c1861-?) 1,2
3... Linus C. Hanshaw (1868-1935) 1,2,5,6
Levi L. Hanshaw [ID 09955]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1828, New York.1,2,4,6,7
He married Elizabeth K. Manning, Dec 31 1851, Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York.2 Elizabeth was born about 1828, New York.1,4,6
Levi and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 19 1860), Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York:4
Levi Hanshaw, age 31, born in New York; farmer; $1000 personal property.
Elizabeth Hanshaw, age 31, born in New York.
Living nearby in 1860 were Levi's parents.8
Levi and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 4 1870), Haldane Township, Ogle County, Illinois:1
Hanshaw, Levi, age 42, born in New York; farmer.
Hanshaw, Elizabeth, age 42, born in New York; keeps house.
Levi and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 10-12 1880), Lincoln Township, Ogle County, Illinois:6
Hanshaw, Levi L., age 51, born in New York; parents born in New York; farmer.
Hanshaw, Elisabeth, wife, age 51, born in New York; parents born in New York; keeping house.
, son, age 17, born in New York; parents born in New York; farming; attended school.
See also: Emily Matilda Henshaw who was married in Ogle County, Illinois and might have been closely related (perhaps a sister).
- 1870 census, Polo P.O., Haldane Township, Ogle County, Illinois; roll M593-265, page 300, line #40, dwelling #35, family #36.
- "Pastor's Handbook", Tompkins County, New York; USGenWeb Archives:
- "FamilyHart Pennsylvania Dutch Genealogy Family Pages and Database":
- 1860 census, Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York; roll M653-868, page 518, line #4, dwelling #783, family #783.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (Ogle County):
- 1880 census, Lincoln Township, Ogle County, Illinois; roll T9-0239, ED 156, page 164A, line #40, dwelling #146, family #147.
- 1850 census, Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York; roll M432-606, page 263, line #24, dwelling #851, family #885.
- 1860 census, Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York; roll M653-868, page 518-519, line #40, dwelling #793, family #793.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]