1. James Hanshaw (c1790-?) m Christina - (c1794-?)
2.. Levi L. Hanshaw (c1828-?) m Elizabeth K. Manning (c1828-?)
3... Linus C. Hanshaw (1868-1935)
+Effie Irene Phillips (c1849-?)
4.... Dorothy May Henshaw (1890-1938) 1
+Ida - (1879-<1920)
Linus C. Hanshaw [ID 09956]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Linus C. Hanshaw2,3,4,5 [Linas C. Hanshaw6, Lenius Hanshaw7, Louis Henshaw1, Elias Henshaw8,9,10].
Born May - 1868, New York.6 (c1863).3,7 (c1854).4 (c1864).5,11
He married Effie Irene Phillips, Dec 2 1886, Ogle County, Illinois.2,8,9 Effie, daughter of Jacob D. Phillips & Mary Ellen Brantner, was born about 1849, Illinois.2,8,9,10,12
Linus and family lived in Polo, Ogle County, Illinois.1
He then married Ida -, 1900.6 Ida was born Jan - 1879, Maryland.6
Linus and Ida were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), living and working in a hotel at 513 Main, Cedar Falls, Black Hawk County, Iowa:6
Hanshaw, Linas C., day clerk, age 32, born May 1868 in New York; parents born in New York; married 4 months; occupation: day clerk.
Hanshaw, Ida, wife/servant, age 21, born Jan 1879 in Maryland; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Maryland; married 4 months; occupation: cook.
Ida died before Jan 9 1920.4,11
Widower Linus was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 9 1920), apparently running a lodging house at 322 K Street, Sacramento, California:11
Hanshaw, Linus C [middle initial unclear], head-of-household / clerk, age 56, born in New York; parents born in New York; widower; rented home; occupation: clerk, [..unclear..].
[.. plus 22 lodgers ..]
Widower Linus was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), living on the "Los Angeles County Farm" (apparently a sanitarium), Downey Township, Los Angeles County, California:4
Hanshaw, Linus C., inmate, age 76, born in New York; parents born in New York; widower; not a war veteran.
Linus C. Hanshaw died Jan 7 1935, Los Angeles County, California; age 71.5
- Posting Mar 26 2000 by R.W. Trask () to the Henshaw GenForum:
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (Ogle County):
- 1870 census, Polo P.O., Haldane Township, Ogle County, Illinois; roll M593-265, page 300, line #40, dwelling #35, family #36.
- 1930 census, Hondo P.O., Downey Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-126, ED 924, page 11A, line #2.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1930-1939:
- 1900 census, Cedar Falls, Black Hawk County, Iowa; roll T623-417, ED 6, page 3B, line #90, dwelling #52, family #54.
- 1880 census, Lincoln Township, Ogle County, Illinois; roll T9-0239, ED 156, page 164A, line #40, dwelling #146, family #147.
- Posting Aug 21 2000 by Roger Cramer () to ILOGLE-L.
- Posting Apr 30 2001 by Roger Cramer () to ILOGLE-L.
- Posting Jan 15 2002 by Roger Cramer () to ILOGLE-L.
- 1920 census, Sacramento, Sacramento County, California; roll T625-126, ED 114, page 6A, line #41, dwelling #123, family #134.
- Posting Jul 27 2002 by Roger Cramer () to MDWASHIN-L.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]