1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Thomas Hancher (1773-1862) m Eleanor Brown (1785-1864)
5..... John Hancher (1815-1887) m Martha "Patty" Deaver (1814-1886)
6...... Margaret Hancher (1837-1871)
+Thadeous Kinsey (c1826-?)
Margaret Hancher [ID 09995]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Margaret Hancher1,2 [Margret Hanshew3].
Born 1837, Ohio.1,4 (c1836).3,5,6
She married Thadeous Kinsey, Dec 24 1854, Brown County, Indiana.2,7 Thadeous was born about 1826, Ohio.5,6
Samuel Park Kinsey, born c1856, Indiana; married 1874, Barbara Enes.
Hannah A. Kinsey, born c1857 (1859), Indiana; died 1948; married George W. King, Nov 4 1876, Brown County, Indiana.
Sarah Ellen Kinsey, born 1860, Indiana; died 1949; married Aaron L. Foreman, Apr 30 1878, Brown County, Indiana.
John W.J. Kinsey, born 1862, Indiana; died 1880.
Mary C. Kinsey, born 1865, Indiana; died 1949; married Theodore Harms, Mar 30 1884, Brown County, Indiana.
Leonard P. Kinsey, born c1867, Indiana.
Paul Kinsey, born c1869, Indiana.
Margaret and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 18 1860), Van Buren Township, Brown County, Indiana:5
Thadias Kinsey, age 34, born in Ohio; farmer; $600 real estate; $300 personal property.
Margret Kinsey, age 24, born in Ohio.
Samuel P. Kinsey, age 4, born in Indiana.
Hanah A. Kinsey, age 3, born in Indiana.
Sarah E. Kinsey, age 2 months, born in Indiana.
Margaret and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 25 1870), Van Buren Township, Brown County, Indiana:6
Kinsey, Thadius, age 44, born in Ohio; farmer; $1000 real estate; $500 personal property; cannot read or write.
Kinsey, Margret, age 34, born in Ohio; cannot read or write.
Kinsey, Samuel, age 14, born in Indiana; attended school.
Kinsey, Hanah, age 13, born in Indiana; attended school.
Kinsey, Sary E., age 11, born in Indiana; attended school.
Kinsey, John, age 8, born in Indiana.
Kinsey, Mary C. [initial unclear], age 5, born in Indiana.
Kinsey, Lenard, age 3, born in Indiana.
Kinsey, Paul, age 1, born in Indiana.
Margaret Hancher died 1871.1
After Margaret died her children, John and Lenard Kinsey, were apparently raised by her parents. Sons John and Lenard were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 22 1880), living with Margaret's parents in Brown County, Indiana:8
Kinsey, John, grandson, age 17, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; farm laborer.
Kinsey, Lenard P., grandson, age 13, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio.
- "Family Studies of Brown County, Indiana" by Kenneth J. Reeve & Helen H. Reeve;
Brown County Genealogical Society:
- Brown County, Indiana marriages; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1860 census index, Brown County, Indiana; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Belmont County, Ohio; roll M432-661, page 9B, line #30, dwelling #118, family #118.
- 1860 census, Van Buren Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll M653-246, page 25, line #9, dwelling #180, family #180.
- 1870 census, Beck's Grove P.O., Van Buren Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll M593-301, page 372, line #11, dwelling #2, family #2.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Vanburen Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll T9-0267, ED 19, page 346C, line #16, dwelling #249, family #250.
- Contribution from Sue Pattillo ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]