┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Ezra Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1783-1838 │
│ └── Rebecca Marshill
Rebecca Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1813 │ ┌── Charles Hobson
D: 1869 │ │
└── Phebe Hobson ──┤
└── Sarah Beck
M: Rheuben Pegg
Rebecca Hinshaw [ID 00112]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 11-20-1813, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4
She married Rheuben Pegg, Aug 18 1831, Whitmanville (now LaGrange), Cass County, Michigan.4,5,6 (Reuben Pegg)2,7
Rheuben was born in Randolph County, North Carolina.4
William Pegg, born c1832.
Sarah E. Pegg, born c1834; married 1853, George D. Jones; Sarah died a few years after her marriage, leaving two children, Flora E. and George Elbert Jones.
Abijah Pegg, born c1838.
Phebe Pegg, born Dec 12 1840; married Aug 10 1861, C. Carroll Nelson, son of Ichabod S. Nelson & Eliza Arms and step brother to Henry A. Crego who married Rebecca's niece Phebe H. Hinshaw
Rebecca (apparently widowed) and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 11 1860), Cass County, Michigan:14
William Pegg, age 28, born in Michigan; farmer; $2000 real estate; $550 personal property.
A. Pegg, male age 21, born in Michigan; carpenter; $50 personal property.
Rebbecca Pegg, age 48, born in North Carolina.
Phebe Pegg, age 19, born in Michigan.
-- Kniss, male age 24; farm laborer.
Rebecca Hinshaw died Aug 1 1869, buried Young's Prairie, Cass County, Michigan.2,7
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- Biographical sketch of C. Carroll Nelson; "The History of Cass County"; USGenWeb Archives:
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Michigan.
- Michigan Marriages to 1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M432-349, page 694, line #24, dwelling #1452, family #1465.
- 1850 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M432-349, page 694, line #19, dwelling #1451, family #1464.
- Biographical sketch of George D. Jones; "The History of Cass County"; USGenWeb Archives:
- Contribution from ().
- 1870 census index, Cassopolis, Cass, Michigan; roll M593-668, page 74.
- Biographical sketch of Henry A. Crego; "The History of Cass County"; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1860 census, Cassapolis P.O., Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M653-541, page 257, line #10, dwelling #341, family #341.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2016, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]