┌── Uriah Hinshaw
┌── Charles Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1811-1895 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Anna Jane Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1853 │ ┌── John Lee
D: 1938 │ │
└── Sarah Lee ────────┤
└── Rachel Hill
M: Abel Robert Hiatt
Anna Jane Hinshaw [ID 01417]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 22 1853, Clinton County, Iowa.1,2,3,4
She married Abel Robert Hiatt, Jun 10 1871, Lyon County, Kansas.2,3,5,6,7 Abel, son of Curtis Hiatt & Sabina Moon, was born Feb 20 1845, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,3,5
Note that four Hiatts from this family married Hinshaws: Abel to Anna, Abel's brother William Bentley to Anna's sister Ruth, and Abel's sisters Sarah Ann and Gulielma Penn to Anna's 3rd cousins (and brothers) Andrew and Ira.2
Abel died Jun 8 1917, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California.5
Widow Anna Jane was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11-12 1930), living with sister-in-law Hannah Naomi (Painter) Hinshaw at 1689 Woodbury Road, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California:4
Hinshaw, Hannah N.
, head-of-household, age 73, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; widow; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: none.
Hiatt, Anna J., sister-in-law, age 77, born in Iowa; parents born in Tennessee; widow; occupation: none.
Living four houses away in 1930, at 1717 Woodbury Road, were the wife and children of nephew William Hinshaw.8
Anna Jane Hinshaw died Apr 22 1938, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California.2,3,5
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson,
microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1930 census, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-169, ED 1270, page 11B, line #93, dwelling #296, family #309.
- GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- Lyon County, Kansas, Marriage Records, 1856-1919; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1930 census, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-169, ED 1270, page 11B, line #81, dwelling #292, family #305.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]