┌── Uriah Hinshaw
┌── Charles Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1811-1895 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Rodema Newlin Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1856 │ ┌── John Lee
D: 1892 │ │
└── Sarah Lee ────────┤
└── Rachel Hill
M: William Pinkney Brickell
Rodema Newlin Hinshaw [ID 01418]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born May 3 1856.1,2,3
She married William Pinkney Brickell1,4,5 [Pinkney Brickell3, Pinckney Brickell6], Jan 19 18801,4,5, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas1,4,5. William, son of George Washington Brickell & Sarah Jane Jones, was born Dec 1 1853, Tennessee.3,7
Note that Rodema's 4th cousin, Stephen Curtis Hinshaw, married, on the following day, Pinkney's sister, Hannah Lee Brickell.6
Charles L. Brickell, born c1880.
George W. Brickell, born c1882.
Zimri A. Brickell, born c1883.
Curtis Brickell, born c1887.
John B. Brickell, born c1890.
Dawlin Brickell, born c1892.
Rodema Newlin Hinshaw died Dec 22 1892.3,4
William died Feb 24 1924.3
Photo: Rodema Newlin Hinshaw & William Pinckney Brickell marriage announcement "The Emporia News" (Emporia, Kansas), Jan 30 1880
Photo: Rodema Newlin Hinshaw newspaper article "The Emporia News" (Emporia, Kansas), Jan 30 1880
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Kansas.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Martha A. Lee ().
- Lyon County, Kansas, Marriage Records, 1856-1919; USGenWeb Archives:
- "The Emporia News" (Emporia, Kansas), Jan 30 1880; Library of Congress, "Chronicling America" collection:
- 1870 census, Toledo P.O., Toledo Township, Chase County, Kansas; roll M593-430, page 24B, line #31, dwelling #43, family #44.
- Chase County, Kansas Probate, Guardianship, Wills and Miscellaneous Index, 1859-1939; USGenWeb Archives
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]