Dorothea Elizabeth Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Milton Hinshaw
┌── John C. Hinshaw ──┤
│ c1878-? │
│ └── Elizabeth Heaton
Dorothea Elizabeth Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1902 │
D: 1988 │
└── Myrtle Johnson
M: Landis Smith
Dorothea Elizabeth Hinshaw [ID 14478]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov 10 1902, Indiana.1,2,3,4
She married Landis Smith5,6 [Charles Landis Smith1,2,7], Aug 7 19285,6, Hamilton County, Indiana5,6. Landis, son of - Smith & Lillie Chew, was born Apr 25 1901, Indiana.1,2,6 (Apr 25 1900).7
Dorotha and Landis were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), living with his widowed mother and brother on Main Street, Westfield, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:6
Smith, Lillie C., head-of-household, age 67, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; widow; owned home ($3000 value); radio in home; occupation: none.
Smith, Glen J., son, age 45, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: mail carrier, U.S. Post Office.
Smith, Landis, son, age 29, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 27; occupation: watch maker, jewelry store.
Smith, Dorotha E., daughter-in-law, age 27, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 25; occupation: none.
Living very nearby in 1930 was the household of Dorothea's parents.8
In 1988 Dorothea was living in/near Paradise, Butte County, California.7
Dorothea Elizabeth Hinshaw died Jan 10 1988, Butte County, California; age 85.1,2,7
Landis died Aug 18 1994, Butte County, California; age 94.1,2,7
Social Security information for Dorothea Elizabeth Hinshaw: 556-30-5538
Social Security information for Landis Smith: 548-09-0166
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1910 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T624-353, ED 111, page 254A, line #32, dwelling #157, family #159.
- 1920 census, Westfield, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T625-435, ED 111, page 1B, line #82, dwelling #27, family #29.
- Indiana, Select Marriages, 1780-1992; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Westfield, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T626-590, ED 20, page 4B, line #54, dwelling #103, family #110.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Westfield, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T626-590, ED 20, page 4B, line #68, dwelling #108, family #115.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]