┌── Smith Hancher
┌── Rev. John Wesley Hanshaw ──┤
│ 1831-1907 │
│ └── Mary Steward
James Smith Hanshaw ───┤
B: 1862 │ ┌── James Simes
D: 1930 │ │
└── Elizabeth A. Sims ─────────┤
└── Rebecca (Simes)
M: Emma R. Baily
└── Clifton C. Hanshaw (1894-1980) 1,2
James Smith Hanshaw [ID 15393]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov 17 1862, Asland, Jefferson County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
He married Emma R. Baily, Jan 26 1892.1,2,3,8 Emma, daughter of Joseph B. Bailey & Sara Umbarger, was born Jul 8 1867, Polk, Taylor County, Iowa.1,2,3,7
James and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16 1900), Mail [street], Bedford, Taylor County, Iowa:1
Hanshaw, James S., head-of-household, age 37, born Nov 1862 in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; married 8 years; occupation: auctioneer; owned home (free).
Hanshaw, Emma R., wife, age 32, born July 1867 in Iowa; father born in Scotland; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 8 years; 1 child, 1 living.
James and family were shown in the 1910 census, Bedford Township, Taylor County, Iowa:2
Hanshaw, James S., head-of-household, age 48, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; first marriage, married 18 years; [..occupation unclear..]; owned home (free).
Hanshaw, Emma R., wife, age 42, born in Iowa; father born in Ireland; mother born in Pennsylvania; first marriage, married 18 years; 1 child, 1 living.
[unclear], son, age 15, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
James Smith Hanshaw died Oct 9 1930, Jefferson County, Iowa; buried Taylor County, Iowa.3,7
Emma died 1934, Jefferson County, Iowa; buried Taylor County, Iowa.3,7
- 1900 census, Bedford, Bedford Township, Taylor County, Iowa; ED 115, page 13B, line #85, dwelling #256, family #258.
- 1910 census, Bedford Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T624-425, ED 128, page 17A, line #24, dwelling #11, family #11.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jackie L. Wolfe.
- 1870 census, Washington Township, Wapello County, Iowa; page 282, line #32, dwelling #136, family #135.
- 1880 census, Mason Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T9-0366, ED 216, page 99D-100A, line #45, dwelling #192, family #200.
- 1885 Iowa State census, Benton Township, Taylor County, Iowa; page 90, line #13, dwelling #47, family #47; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Taylor County, Iowa Burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- "History of Taylor County, Iowa", by Frank E. Crosson, 1910; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]