┌── John Allen Hinshaw
┌── Jacob Benjamin Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1841-1910 │
│ └── Harriet Elizabeth Hocket
Chester John Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1877 │ ┌── William Davis
D: 1937 │ │
No Issue └── Malinda Davis ───────────┤
└── Huldah Hough
Chester John Hinshaw [ID 01780]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 10 1877, Lee County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Chester was a farmer.8 He remained unmarried.9,10
Chester was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 30 1920), living with his sisters on Datling Road, Gridley, Butte County, California:6
Hinshaw, Harriet E.
, head-of-household, age 52, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; owned home; occupation: farmer.
, sister, age 48, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: none.
Hinshaw, Chester J., brother, age 42, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: none.
Chester was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living alone, Richards Tract, Gridley Township, Butte County, California:7
Hinshaw, Chester J., head-of-household, age 52, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; owned home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, fruit.
Living next door on one side in 1930 were sisters Harriet and Anita;11 three houses away on the other side was the family of nephew Owen Jacob Hinshaw;12 two more houses away was the family of nephew Clarence Harrison Hinshaw.13
Chester John Hinshaw died May 9 19378 [May 9 193814], Gridley, California8; age 60 years, 9 months, 29 days8. Medical: Chester died of myocarditis.8
Chester reportedly had a heart condition and doctors had told him he could not marry as it could kill him.9
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- Family group sheets contributed by Kent Myrick ()
- 1900 census, Cedar Township, Lee County, Iowa; roll T623-442, ED 55, page 4B, line #60, dwelling #80, family #80.
- 1910 census, Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas; roll T624-449, ED 90, page 149A, line #61, dwelling #101, family #101.
- 1920 census, Gridley, Butte County, California; roll T625-94, ED 16, page 6B, line #61, dwelling #15, family #14.
- 1930 census, Gridley Township, Butte County, California; roll T626-113, ED 24, page 3A, line #15, dwelling #61, family #62.
- Contribution from Marion Hinshaw citing:
Records from Gridley-Biggs Cemetery, Gridley, California.
- Contribution from Marion Hinshaw.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1930 census, Gridley Township, Butte County, California; roll T626-113, ED 24, page 3A, line #13, dwelling #60, family #61.
- 1930 census, Gridley Township, Butte County, California; roll T626-113, ED 24, page 3A, line #23, dwelling #64, family #65.
- 1930 census, Gridley Township, Butte County, California; roll T626-113, ED 24, page 3A, line #31, dwelling #66, family #67.
- Gridley-Biggs Cemetery burials:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 10:57:05 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]