┌── Uriah Hinshaw
┌── Charles Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1811-1895 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Rachel Hinshaw ─────┤
B: 1843 │ ┌── John Lee
D: 1864 │ │
└── Sarah Lee ────────┤
└── Rachel Hill
M: James W. Johnson
Rachel Hinshaw [ID 00193]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 7 1843, Back Creek MM, Grant County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married James W. Johnson, May 12 1860.4,5,8 James, son of Achilles Clark Johnson & Susan/Susannah Wright, was born Apr 14 1834, Illinois.5,9,10
Rachel Johnson, born Feb 17 1864, Warren County, Iowa; died Mar 16 1947, Hiawatha, Kansas; married Jonas Grant Bradfield, c1887 (children: Iva Lois, Irma Beatrice, Leona L., and Orville Clay Bradfield).
Rachel and James were shown in the 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa:9
James Johnson, age 26, born in Illinois; farmer; $300 real estate; $100 personal property.
Rachel Johnson, age 16, born in Indiana.
Living nearby were Rachel's parents and siblings,17 and also Achilles & Susan Johnson.18
Rachel Hinshaw died Mar 4 1864, Warren County, Iowa; age 20y 7m 7d.5,7,8
James remarried to Ann Owens.10,19 Rachel's daughter, Rachel Johnson, was raised by James' brother and sister-in-law, Milton Johnson & Rachel Frazier.11,12 Milton Johnson and family moved to Jasper County, Missouri in 1866.11
James died Jan 1 1909, Harrison County, Missouri; buried Old Blue Ridge Cemetery, Gilman City, Harrison County, Missouri.10
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 3,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Polk County, Iowa; roll M432-188, page 37, line #7, dwelling #406, family #420.
- Contribution from Martha A. Lee ().
- 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa (roll M653-341, page 60/724, household #437):
- Lewis Family Home Page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rslewis/Friends.htm.
- 1880 census, Mineral, Jasper County, Missouri; roll T9-694, ED 59, page 362C, line #16, dwelling #272, family #288.
- 1900 census, Mineral Township, Jasper County, Missouri; roll T623-866, ED 63, page 11A, line #40, dwelling #204, family #210.
- 1910 census, Mineral Township, Jasper County, Missouri; roll T624-792, ED 76, page 6A, line #34, dwelling #119, family #121.
- Chase County, Kansas Probate, Guardianship, Wills and Miscellaneous Index, 1859-1939; USGenWeb Archives
- 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa (roll M653-341, page 61/725, household #445):
- 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa (roll M653-341, page 61/725, household #443):
- 1870 census, Carthage P.O., Preston Township, Jasper County, Missouri; roll M593-783, page 158, line #8, dwelling #58, family #60.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]