┌── John Milton Hinshaw
┌── George Wallace Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1860-1918 │
│ └── Rachel A. Gaskill
George Henry L. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1896 │
D: 1939 │
└── Amanda E. Steigelmeire
M: Mary Louise Hook
├── John Wallace Hinshaw (1919-1984) 1,2,3,4,5,6
└── Robert Eugene Hinshaw (1922-1998) 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9
George Henry L. Hinshaw [ID 02395]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
George Henry L. Hinshaw10 [Henry Louise Henshaw11].
Born Jun 1 1896, Marshalltown, Marshall Township, Marshall County, Iowa.3,4,10,11,12,13,14
On Jun 5 1917 George Henry Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa. He declared he was born June 1 1896 in Marshalltown, Iowa, and was then residing at 1351 Buchanan St., Des Moines, where he was single, with dependent father and mother, and a laborer employed by the Iowa Telephone Co. of Des Moines. He claimed an exemption due to "support of father + mother". He was recorded as short, slender, gray eyes, brown hair.10
He married Mary Louise Hook, 1920, Upland, San Bernardino County, California.1 Mary, daughter of John Hook & Jennie Lentner, was born Jun 17 1900, Iowa.2,3,4
George and Mary were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), Central Ave., Upland Township, San Bernardino County, California:4
Hinshaw, George H., head-of-household, age 23, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; rented home; occupation: manager, citrus farm.
Hinshaw, Mary L. [initial unclear], wife, age 19, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
In 1925 George and Mary were living in Claremont, California.2
George and Mary were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), Central Ave., Upland Township, San Bernardino County, California:3
Hinshaw, George H., head-of-household, age 33, born in Iowa; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; owned home ($3,700 value); radio in home; occupation: painter, contractor; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Mary L., wife, age 29, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
Hinshaw, John W.
, son, age 10, born in California; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Hinshaw, Robert E.
, son, age 7, born in California; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Setrey [unclear], Margaret M., boarder, age 15, born in Arkansas; parents born in Arkansas; single; attended school.
George Henry L. Hinshaw died Aug 22 1939, West Orange, Orange County, California; age 42.14 Medical: George died from a peptic ulcer.14
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - California.
- Hook, James William. "James Hook and Virginia Eller". New Haven, Conn.:
The Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Co., 1925.
- 1930 census, Upland Township, San Bernardino County, California; roll T626-189, ED 124, page 1A, line #14, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1920 census, Upland Township, San Bernardino County, California; roll T625-129, ED 206, page 1A, line #15, dwelling #5, family #5.
- RootsWeb California Birth Record Database:
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1940-2000:
- Contribution from Judi A. (Hinshaw) Wallauch.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Iowa, Births and Christenings Index, 1857-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Marshalltown, Marshall Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T623-447, ED 117, page 6A, line #39, dwelling #120, family #126.
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa; roll T624-419, ED 85, page 169A, line #13, dwelling #54, family #54.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]