┌── John Hyndshaw
┌── James Hyndshaw ──┤
James Hyndshaw ───┤
B: 1753 │ ┌── Benjamin DePuy
D: 1819 │ │
└── Maria DePuy ─────┤
└── Elizabeth Schoonmaker
M: Esther Bailey
├── Eliza Hyndshaw (c1798-1876) 1
├── Rev. James Bailey Hyndshaw (1801-1888) 2
└── John T. Hyndshaw (c1803-?)
James Hyndshaw [ID 02906]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
James Hyndshaw3,4,5 [James Hanshaw6].
Born 17536 [17583, Dec 22 17634], Monroe County, Pennsylvania6. Baptized Jan 7 1753, Reformed Dutch Church, Smithfield, Pennsylvania.5
He married Esther Bailey2,3 [Esther Bailey Patterson2], 17942,3. Esther was the widow of a Mr. Patterson.2 Esther was born Jun 26 17671,4 , New Jersey1,4.
During the Revolutionary War, James Hyndshaw was in the ranks at the battle of Long Island. He was taken prisoner at Fort Washington and confined on a prison ship.3
James Hyndshaw died Jul 21 1819, New Jersey; buried Greenwich Presbyterian Cemetery, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey.2,4,7
Esther was shown in the 1840 census, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey:8
Hester Hyndshaw household:
1 female age 40-50.
1 female age 70-80 [uncertain - marked as an 'x' - presumably Esther].
2 persons total in household.
Living nearby in 1840 was the family of son John.8
Esther was shown in the 1850 census (Jul 2 1850), Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey:1
Esther Hyndshaw, age 83 (or 73 - appears to be 73 overwritten with 83), born in New Jersey.
Mary M. Dalrymple, age 17, born in New Jersey.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of son John.9
Esther died Dec 29 1850, buried Greenwich Presbyterian Cemetery, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey.2,4
- 1850 census, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey; roll M432-465, page 306B, line #1, dwelling #52, family #52.
- Contribution from Cindy Owens ().
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution (www.ancestry.com).
- Burials in Greenwich Presbyterian Cemetery, Warren County, New Jersey:
- Baptisms at Reformed Dutch Church, Smithfield, Pennsylvania:
- Contribution from Cindy Owens () citing:
Church records in Smithfield, Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
- New Jersey, Deaths and Burials Index, 1798-1971; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1840 census, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey; roll 262, page 260.
- 1850 census, Greenwich Township, Warren County, New Jersey; roll M432-465, page 306A, line #31, dwelling #51, family #51.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:25 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]