┌── John Alexander Fennell
Margaret M. Fennell ───┤
B: 1846 │
D: 1914 │
└── Sarah Howell
M: James Paschal Duff
Margaret M. Fennell [ID 03103]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 1846, Grainger County, Tennessee.1,2
She married James Paschal Duff, Oct 12 1865, Knoxville, Tennessee.1 James, son of Hugh Duff & Sarah Brown, was born 1837, Grainger County, Tennessee.2,3,4,5,6
Margaret and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 18 1880), Grainger County, Tennessee:2
Duff, James P., age 42, born in Tennessee; parents born in Virginia; farmer.
Duff, Margret M., wife, age 34, born in Tennessee; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Duff, Florence E., daughter, age 13, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school.
Duff, Lules C., daughter, age 10, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school.
Duff, William R., son, age 7, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school.
Duff, Sarah G., daughter, age 5, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Duff, John C., son, age 4, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Duff, Mary F., daughter, age 2, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Margaret M. Fennell died May 17 1914, Grainger County, Tennessee.7,8
A James P. Duff, presumably this same James P. Duff, was also married to Anna Hinshaw. It is unknown when they were married or under what circumstances, but it appears possible that maybe Margaret and James were divorced.9
James died before 1900.10,11
Note: son William R. Duff probably married Adeline Hinshaw #13438.
- Contribution from Trent Hill ().
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 98, page 456D, line #8, dwelling #255, family #267.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- 1850 census, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 51A, line #17, dwelling #723, family #748.
- 1860 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 107, line #21, dwelling #769, family #769.
- Contribution from Trent Hill () citing:
Tennessee Vital Statistics.
- Tennessee Death Index, 1914-1925; Tennessee State Library and Archives:
- 1900 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 22, page 78A, line #9, dwelling #43, family #46.
- 1910 census, 3rd Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 58, page 5A, line #20, dwelling #98, family #98.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]