┌── John Hinshaw
┌── John Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1792-? │
│ └── Mary Martin
Anna Hinshaw ─────────┤
B: 1824 │
D: 1914 │
└── Patsey Booths
M: James Paschal Duff
Anna Hinshaw [ID 07615]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
She married James Paschal Duff, after 1880.1,2 James, son of Hugh Duff & Sarah Brown, was born 1837, Grainger County, Tennessee.1,3,4,5,6
James had been also married in 1865 to Margaret M. Fennell. It is unknown exactly when James married Anna or under what circumstances, but it is possible that James might have divorced his first wife Margaret.7
James died before 1900.8,9
Widow Anna was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), living with her great niece Mary Townsley in Grainger County, Tennessee:8
Duff, Anna [smudged], head-of-household, age 71, born Oct 1828 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; widow.
Townsley, MaryLiving next door in 1900 was the family of William Duff,10 son of James by his first marriage to Margaret Fennell (apparently married to Anna's niece Adeline Hinshaw).
, aunt [sic], age 26, born 1874 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; single.
Widow Anna was again shown in the 1910 census (May 6 1910), living with her great niece Mary Townsley and cousin Sam Hinshaw in Grainger County, Tennessee:9
, head-of-household, age 38, born in Tennessee; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Kentucky; single; occupation: none.
Duff, Anna, grand aunt, age 86, born in Tennessee; parents born in "unknown"; widow; no children; occupation: none.
Hinshaw, Samuel G.
, cousin, age 36, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; divorced; occupation: farm laborer, working out.
Anna Hinshaw died Sep - 1914, Grainger County, Tennessee.1,11
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- Contribution from Trent Hill () citing: census.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- 1850 census, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 51A, line #17, dwelling #723, family #748.
- 1860 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 107, line #21, dwelling #769, family #769.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 98, page 456D, line #8, dwelling #255, family #267.
- 1900 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 22, page 78A, line #9, dwelling #43, family #46.
- 1910 census, 3rd Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 58, page 5A, line #20, dwelling #98, family #98.
- 1900 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; ED 22, page 78A, line #11, dwelling #44, family #47.
- Tennessee Death Index, 1914-1925; Tennessee State Library and Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]