┌── James Smith Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ───────┤
│ 1850-1923 │
│ └── Anna Maria Gray
Robert Walker Henshaw ───┤
B: 1888 │ ┌── Moses Hazen
D: 1982 │ │
└── Dorcas Rosetta Hazen ──┤
└── Caroline Smith
M: Marguerite G. Conn
├── Dorcas Anne Henshaw (1925-) 1,2
└── Frances Roberta Henshaw (1928-) 1,2
Robert Walker Henshaw [ID 03745]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jun 2 18881,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 , Uniontown, Fayette County, Pennsylvania1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
In 1912 Robert was living at home with his parents.10
On Jun 5 1917 Robert Walker Henshaw, age 29, registered for the World War I draft in South Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He declared he was born June 2 1888 in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and was then still residing in Uniontown where he was a self-employed farmer, single, with no dependents. He was recorded as tall, stout, brown eyes, black hair.6
He married Marguerite G. Conn, about 1925.1,2 Marguerite was born Sep 11 1898, Pennsylvania.1,2
Robert and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 19 1930), North Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania:2
Henshaw, Robert W., head-of-household, age 41, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 36; owned home ($2500 value); no radio in home; occupation: superintendent, coal mine; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Marguerite, wife, age 31, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 26.
, daughter, age 1, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania.
On Apr 27 1942 Robert Walker Henshaw, age 53, registered for the World War II draft in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He declared he was born June 2 1888 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, and was then residing in Uniontown, Fayette County, Pennsylvania where he was employed by the Brown Fuel Co. of Browntown, West Virginia. He declared his relative/contact was Mrs. Margaret Henshaw of Uniontown. He was recorded as 5' 5" tall, 140 lbs., hazel eyes, brown hair, ruddy complexion, slightly bald.8
In 1982 Robert was living in/near Uniontown, Fayette County, Pennsylvania.3
Robert Walker Henshaw died Feb 1 1982.1,3
Social Security information for Robert Walker Henshaw: 178-05-8071
- Contribution from David H. Henshaw.
- 1930 census, North Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania; roll T626-2040, ED 62, page 22A, line #43, dwelling #304, family #367.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, South Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania; roll T623-1411, ED 60, page 3A, line #1, dwelling #36, family #38.
- 1910 census, South Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania; roll T624-1346, ED 70, page 14B, line #79, dwelling #204, family #243.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, South Union Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1570, ED 87, page 4A-B, line #49, dwelling #58, family #60.
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Herrin, Cynthia, ed. "Fayette County, Pennsylvania Vital Records to 1890"; Orem, UT: Ancestry, Inc. 1999.
- "Genealogical and Personal History of Fayette County Pennsylvania", Volume II.
John W. Jordan & James Hadden, editors. Lewis Historical Publishing Company,
New York, 1912.
Contributed by David H. Henshaw ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]