┌── Jacob Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── Isaac Soloman Hinshaw ─────┤
│ 1868-1925 │
│ └── Malinda Davis
Wilford Hugo Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1912 │
D: 1971 │
└── Bertha Evaline Southwick
M: Elizabeth Minerva Steele
└── Marvin H. Hinshaw (1945-) 1
Wilford Hugo Hinshaw [ID 04147]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Wilford Hugo Hinshaw2 [Hugo W. Hinshaw3,4,5,6,7,8].
Born Jul 16 1912, Kansas.4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Elizabeth Minerva Steele10 [Betty Minerva Steele1, Betty Minerva Graves1,2,3]. Elizabeth, daughter of Don Carlos/Corliss Steele & Sarah Lucinda "Lulu" (Jayne) Bouery1,4,6,10,11,12, was born Mar 12 19101,4,6,10,11,12 [about 191213], Eaton, Weld County, Colorado1,4,6,10,11,12.
Betty had been previously married: 1) Jun 15 1928 to Charles Frasher Parham, by whom she had a daughter, Elizabeth Mary Parham10,14 (they divorced Aug 18 1936); 2) Harley Wilmer Snook, Oct 23 1937 (divorced Nov 8 1940); 3) Marvin H. Grimsley (marriage somewhat uncertain);10 4) -- Graves.1,10
On May 13 1943 Hugo W. Hinshaw, born 1912 in Kansas, enlisted at Sacramento, California as a private in the U.S. Army.9,15 He declared he had a grammar school education, was married, and employed as an airplane mechanic.15
Hugo apparently worked in the railroad system.4
In 1968 Hugo and Betty were living in/near Ceres, Stanislaus County, California.4
Elizabeth died Jan 27 1968, Stanislaus County, California.4,6
Wilford Hugo Hinshaw died Jan 13 1971, Stanislaus County, California.4,5,6
Social Security information for Wilford Hugo Hinshaw: 701-03-1757
Social Security information for Elizabeth Minerva Steele: 572-07-5543
- Contribution from Marvin H. Hinshaw.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Gridley, Butte County, California; roll T625-94, ED 16, page 6A, line #22, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1930 census, Citrus Heights, Center Township, Sacramento County, California; roll T626-185, ED 16, page 4A, line #14, dwelling #84, family #86.
- Sacramento County CA, Military Records, Army Enlistments; USGenWeb:
- Contribution from Danda Winford ().
- 1910 census, Eaton, Weld County, Colorado; roll T624-126, ED 276, page 3A, line #39, dwelling #53, family #54.
- 1920 census, Cleveland District, Liberty County, Texas; roll T625-1829, ED 100, page 13A, line #45, dwelling #270, family #277.
- 1920 census, Cleveland District, Liberty County, Texas; roll T625-1829, ED 100, page 13A, line #48, dwelling #270, family #277.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:19 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]