┌── Joshua Henshaw
┌── Daniel Henshaw ────────┤
│ 1701-1781 │
│ └── Mary Hay Webster
David Henshaw ───┤
B: 1744 │ ┌── Joseph Bass
D: 1808 │ │
└── Elizabeth Allen Bass ──┤
└── Mary Belcher
M: Mary Sargent
├── Mary Henshaw (1774-1790) 1,2,3,4
├── Mary S. Henshaw (1775-?) 2
├── Elizabeth Henshaw (1776-1861) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Anna Henshaw (1778-1854) 1,2,3,4
├── Joshua Henshaw (1779-1854) 1,2,3,4,6,7
├── David Henshaw (1781-1790) 2,4
├── Andrew Henshaw (1783-1853) 1,2,4,6,7
├── Fanny Henshaw (1785-1801) 1,2,3,4
├── Sarah Henshaw (1787-1863) 1,2,4
├── Charles Henshaw (1789-1864) 1,2,4,6,7,8
├── David Henshaw (1791-1852) 1,2,4,6,9
├── Catherine Henshaw (1793-1798) 1,2,3,4
├── Laura Henshaw (1795-?) 1,2,3,10
└── John Henshaw (1798-1859) 1,2,4,6,7
David Henshaw [ID 04522]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 19 1744, Boston, Massachusetts.4,6,11,12,13,14
He married Mary Sargent4,6,12,15,16 [Mary Sergeant1, Mary Sargeant17], Feb 17 17734,6,12,15,16, Massachusetts4,6,12,15,16. Mary Sargent, daughter of Nathan Sargent & Mary Denny, was born Aug 22 1755.4
In September, 1776, David was commissioned as Captain in Colonel Thomas Craft's regiment of artillery in the Continental Army. His regiment, under the command of General Spencer, encountered the British at Tiverton. David remained in the service for three years and then resigned and retired to his farm.6,14
David was for many years an active magistrate in his county.6 "He was a man of strong and vigorous mind, resolute will, and independent judgement."6
David Henshaw died May 22 1808, Leicester, Massachusetts.6,12,13,14
Mary Sargent died Sep 9 1831.4,16,18
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- "History of Henshaws in Scotland, in England and in America to the Present
Time", Edith Henshaw Kuntz, 1956;
contributed by Don Henshaw.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- "Genealogy of the Denny family in England and America", Denny, Christopher Columbus; Leicester, Massachusettes, 1886.
- Massachusetts, Death Records, 1841-1915; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "New England Library of Genealogy and Personal History", New England Historical
Publishing Company, Boston, 1902. Contributed by David Henshaw.
- Contribution from David H. Henshaw citing:
"Dictionary of American Biography", Charles Scribner's Sons and
"American Secretaries of the Navy", Navy Institute Press.
- Contribution from Shelley Anne Walton ().
- "Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans",
Johnson, Rossiter, ed.; The Biographical Society, 1904.
- "Fletcher Family History", by Edward H. Fletcher; Rand, Avery, & Co., Boston, MA, 1881.
- Contribution from David G. White () citing:
"Ancestry of the Henshaws", by Olive White Murry, Sept. 1, 1928;
DAR application letter for Marion Warren.
- "History of the Henshaw Family", a handwritten manuscript identified as a copy of a letter written
August 16, 1829 by Daniel Henshaw of Boston (probably #4588 to Joshua Henshaw Hayward of
Boston (probably a son or grandson of Sarah Henshaw Hayward); part of the manuscript
collection titled "Henshaw family Papers, 1757-1892" archived at the American Antiquarian Society,
Manuscripts Department, 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609-1634.
- Manuscripts relating to William Henshaw, archived at the American
Antiquarian Society, Worcester, MA, including a handwritten family lineage.
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution (www.ancestry.com).
- Contribution from David G. White ().
- "Colonial Families of the United States of America", Vol. 3
New York: 1907; George Norbury Mackenzie, ed.
- "Massachusetts Marriages to 1800", pg. 61 (www.ancestry.com).
- Robert Kline database: http://www3.telus.net/robertkline, citing:
Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. VII, p 628.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]