┌── William Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ───┤
│ 1796-1884 │
│ └── Jerusha Brace
Adeline Henshaw ───┤
B: 1827 │ ┌── Isaac Strope
D: ? │ │
└── Julia Ann Strope ──┤
└── Lucy Wheeler
M: Robert Wilson
Adeline Henshaw [ID 04809]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep - 1827, New York.1,2,3,4,5,6
She married Robert Wilson, Jan 9 1844, Henry County, Iowa.7,8,9 Note than Adeline's sister Cordelia was married on the same day.9 Robert, son of William Wilson & Martha McElhanney, was born about 1811, Pennsylvania.1,2,3,4
Cassius M. Wilson, born 1846; married - Fairbanks.
Julia A. Wilson, born 1848; married John Millspaugh (several children); lived 1901 in Gunnison, Colorado.
Alice C. Wilson, born June 1853; married Joseph C. Mitchell (children: Adelyn/Lynn, Mark and Joseph/Paul Mitchell); lived in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Jessie Eliza Wilson, born 1856; married Eli G. Manning (children: Robert, Mill and Charles Manning).
Robert "Bert" Wilson, born c1861; married in Colorado; lived 1901 in Chicago.
Adeline and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 7 1850), Tippecanoe Township, Henry County, Iowa:12
Robert Wilson, age 39, born in Pennsylvania; miller; $20,000 real estate.
Adeline Wilson, age 22, born in New York.
Cassius M. Wilson, age 4, born in Iowa.
Julia A. Wilson, age 2, born in Iowa.
Margaret McElhamy, age 22, born in Pennsylvania [Robert's maternal niece].
Frederick Paul, age 30, born in Germany; laborer.
Stephen Cel[..]ford [unclear], age 39, born in Kentucky; miller.
Elizabeth Thomas, age 20, born in Ohio.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of a James Wilson14 (Robert's brother).1
Adeline and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 12 1860), Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa:3
R. Wilson, age 49, born in Pennsylvania; $10,000 real estate; $1,000 personal property.
Adaline Wilson, age 32, born in New York.
Casheus Wilson, age 14, born in Iowa.
Julia Wilson, age 12, born in Iowa.
Alice Wilson, age 6, born in Iowa.
Jesse Wilson, male age 4, born in Iowa.
Des Moines Wilson, age 19, born in Iowa; laborer.
Mary Thompson, age 18, born in Ohio; domestic.
Adeline and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 14 1870), Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa:4
Wilson, Robert, age 58, born in Pennsylvania; lumber dealer; $4,000 real estate; $1,000 personal property.
Wilson, Adaline, age 42, born in New York; keeping house.
Wilson, Alice, age 17, born in Iowa; student in seminary.
Wilson, Jessie, female age 15, born in Iowa; student in seminary.
Wilson, Bertie, age 9, born in Iowa; attended school.
Scott, George, black, age 16, born in Missouri; laborer; attended school.
Robert died before Jul 2 1880.5
Widow Adeline and son were shown in the 1880 census (Jul 2 1880), Chariton, Lucas County, Iowa:5
Wilson, Adeline, age 53, born in New York; parents born in New York; widow; keeping house.
Wilson, Robert H., son, age 19, born in Iowa; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York; clerk in store.
Adeline was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12 1900), Gunnison, Gunnison County, Colorado:6
Wilson, Adeline H., mother, age 72, born Sept 1827 in New York; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in New York; widow; 6 children, 5 living; occupation: housewife.
Adeline was shown in 1900 above living in the household of someone whose name is completely smudged and unreadable on the census page, but who was most likely son Robert (recorded as a lawyer, father born in Pennsylvania, mother born in New York, with a wife whose name is also unreadable).
In 1901 Adeline was living with her son "Bert" in Chicago.10
- Contribution from Eleanor Schnider ().
- 1850 census, Tippecanoe Township, Henry County, Iowa; page 249, line #1, dwelling #1257, family #1257.
- 1860 census, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa; roll M653-324, page 62, line #20, dwelling #494, family #435.
- 1870 census, Mount Pleasant P.O., Center Township, Henry County, Iowa; roll M593-395, page 195, line #2, dwelling #797, family #762.
- 1880 census, Chariton, Lucas County, Iowa; roll T9-352, ED 104, page 487D, line #35, dwelling #403, family #442.
- 1900 census, Gunnison, Gunnison County, Colorado; roll T623-124, ED 137, page 6A, line #1, dwelling #145, family #157.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution.
- "Iowa Marriages to 1850": Ancestry, Inc.
- Contribution from Eleanor Schnider () citing:
letter written in 1901 from Eli. G. Manning, telling of family births, deaths and marriages.
- Contribution from Eleanor Schnider () citing:
poem written by Jessie Eliza Wilson Manning in 1887, inscribed to her mother, Adeline Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Tippecanoe Township, Henry County, Iowa; page 249A, line #1, dwelling #1257, family #1257.
- 1900 census, Ottumwa, Center Township, Wapello County, Iowa; roll T623-462, ED 120, page 16A, line #25, dwelling #312, family #335.
- 1850 census, Tippecanoe Township, Henry County, Iowa; page 248B, line #39, dwelling #1256, family #1256.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]